PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

buck67

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2010
Little Rock
Guys, I just got laid off this morning. Lost my job due to lack of work coming in. Please pray for me and my family as we go through this hardship. Thanks much....

bowhatchie

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 27, 2010
I am so sorry to hear that...this economy really sucks.... My thoughts,prayers and best wishes will indeed be with you and your family.. From one country boy to another...Hang tough like a hair in a biscuit! You will bounce back.

duncan

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
That is shitty man. I hope the best for you and yours. To think they did it around the Holidays what asshats!

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Hope you are back at work fast. I got laid off years ago and then my back went all to heck so I never did get back. I will keep all of you in my thoughts .

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I feel your pain brother.

I have been out since September of O9.

All you can do is stay motivated, it ain't easy, but you can do it.

I was let go for the same reason, more or less, a lack of new contracts. The following day the entire engineering staff walked in protest.

Now the company is no more.

If Congress can get their act together and the Fed. Chief takes some economics classes, the economy should improve after the New Year.

Keep your head up!
Lawrence

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Buck, sorry to hear that news. Doubtless you'll be eligible for unemployment comp. I hope you take advantage of it until another opportunity comes along.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
Bad news! Best wishes and prayers for quick relief from this

situation. Let me know if you need Pipe tobacco. This is a

crummy time of year to have to go thru this.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Sending you good vibes Buck. It sounds like a cliche, but you will probably end up better off in the long run with an even better job, and a happier life than you had before.
Stay positive and be smart.

buck67

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2010
Little Rock
Guys, you all have made me feel a lot better. I have been unemployed a total of 4 weeks in the past 24 years so this is all new to me. I am a structural designer and unless the building industry picks up soon, I may be without work for a while. I appreciate all of the thoughts and prayers and hopefully this will be over soon. What a great group of guys here. Thanks again and I will keep you all updated on my progress.

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Hey, Buck....I'm sorry to hear of your new problem. But I am convinced that God always hides a special blessing in the middle of the problem....it's just up to us to dig around to find it. Our prayers are with you.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
So sorry to hear that Buck. Our economy in Canada is not nearly as bad as the economy in the states, but it is in bad shape. I was a laid off construction estimator/project manager myself for 8 months this year and that is the first time I have ever been unemployed. It gets better. Keep your head up, keep at 'er and enjoy your time off till you go back to work. Never give up brother ! ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.