PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
No kidding, even my smallest IMP meerschaum is 47.63g.
The standard Rusticated Eltang poker is about 22g and it feels non-existent in the clench. It's a strange combination of sturdy and delicate. They already have thin walls, and the rustication removes even more material.

Here's the rusticated Mini Aj on sp for specs. 8.5g

The smooth clocking in at 14.5g

Cool to see how much weight/material is actually removed by his rustication.

Rustamgtx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2021
Baku, Azerbaijan
The standard Rusticated Eltang poker is about 22g and it feels non-existent in the clench. It's a strange combination of sturdy and delicate. They already have thin walls, and the rustication removes even more material.

Here's the rusticated Mini Aj on sp for specs. 8.5g

The smooth clocking in at 14.5g

Cool to see how much weight/material is actually removed by his rustication.
This one 17gr, i didn’t find anything lighter

Screen Shot 2021-10-23 at 00.34.55.png

Reactions: solideogloria86

jewman22

Lifer
Apr 2, 2021
Ontario Canada
8.5g for a briar? They likely forgot to put a 1 before the 8.
No shortage of pipes similar to your post at 17 to 20g. Rossi Piccolo, Ropp Etudiant, a few different Petersons, Tsuge Capito, Scott's Pipes has a couple as well.
The Savinelli Minuto 109 is the lightest Iv'e seen at a sea hair over 14g, and depending on your budget, Eltang has a Pencil shank that's around 14g as well.
I cant' imagine briar pipes getting lighter than that, not saying they don't, just can't picture it.

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
I think they made a mistake in the weight on SP.com. There is a smooth Eltang AJ listed at the Danish Pipe Shop that is 20 g. Tom is affiliated with the Danish Pipe Shop so it’s worth keeping an eye on their website for a similar pipe.

Reactions: frozenchurchwarden
Mar 1, 2014
This one 17gr, i didn’t find anything lighter
This Eltang Basic is also 17g, I know you said the bowl doesn't matter but the Eltang Basic does hold much more tobacco.

Reactions: Rustamgtx

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
@Rustamgtx I posted an Eltang Arne, in another post you were asking.

Now if Danish is on your mind, lightweight like Eltang’s pipes, are you familiar with Mike Sebastian Bay?

Mike tutored under Tom, and I believe he still works with Tom, and uses his workshop to make his pipes in. A lot of them have a similar Eltang look, and Mike’s thing is making smaller light weight pipes too.

Bay Denmark pipes are quality.

The two Apple with bamboo at Tabaccheria Corti, this is Mike’s signature small light weight type/styles;

17-18 grams... :)

Be aware they are smaller pipes, but great smokers!

SPC also carries his pipes;

Here’s a pic of Mike holding a similar Apple with bamboo, which is probably close to those two, to give you an idea.

A011F441-A223-4546-AEEE-0BAA4BB1BB36.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Toast