Need a Couple of Noob Recommendations . . . .

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Drucquers Banner

gord

Starting to Get Obsessed
Similar to Indonesia, the ban has been for a long time - but for drugs, heroin, ganja/marijuana.. not for cigarettes or pipes or cigars. We can literally smokes anywhere in cafe/resto and there's always smoking area everywhere.. puffy puffy puffy
Hey! I did forget to mention to all concerned that we have at least 10 pot shops in Prince George . . . pot is legal in BC, and the rest of Kanada. The frontier roughneck town of PG is no more . . . . it's a town of dopers now. And these pot shops survive because the dopers can deduct marijahooney expenses from their income tax. What a twisted world.
Red Blood Moon & Bob's Chocolate Flake!
Noted, and thanks for the suggestions! :)

• Wow
Reactions: FLDRD

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
You might like the range of mac baren, seven seas, they are soft and with a touch of vanilla and chocolates...................The red has a cherry aromatic touch.

Last edited:
Reactions: gord

minerLuke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 2, 2023
Vancouver BC
Thanks. I have a friend with a status card, but the nearest native vendor is 150 km away in Fraser Lake. I'm not aware of one in PG but I'm not sure about it . . . . . not an option I would use frequently because I honestly think I should support our local tobacconist as best as I can.
Cigar Chief is the Mohawks in S Ontario online Cigar shop they also sell some pipe tobacco and dip/chew. They ship anywhere in Canada, I've been ordering from them for years. Their prices for pipe tobacco are kind of all over the place. Mac Baren tins are like $50-60 but Captain Black is like $23 a pouch which isn't terrible for us in BC. They also have some Sir Walter Raleigh for $20/pouch right now. I just got some and am smoking it right now. They also have the 12oz bags of Smokers Pride for $60 CAD which if you break it down is about as cheap you can get pipe tobacco in Canada duty free.

Sometimes they get in some crazy deals. Last year they got in Davidoff aromatics (Red/Green/Blue) 50gr tins in for $14 a tin, I ordered a bunch of those, they sold out quickly at that price.

• Love
Reactions: gord

gord

Starting to Get Obsessed
You might like the range of mac baren, seven seas, they are soft and with a touch of vanilla and chocolates...................The red has a cherry aromatic touch.
I've looked at those before, and I do have a friend who would like these. In fact, I believe the MacBaren red is available locally and it would be right up his alley. Thanks for the refresher!

Reactions: JOHN72

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
I've looked at those before, and I do have a friend who would like these. In fact, I believe the MacBaren red is available locally and it would be right up his alley. Thanks for the refresher!
And with the advantage that they are still reasonably priced and easily accessible. At the European level of course, I don't know about the facilities in the Canadá. In any case, I'm glad you can enjoy these tobaccos.

gord

Starting to Get Obsessed
Cigar Chief is the Mohawks in S Ontario online Cigar shop they also sell some pipe tobacco and dip/chew. They ship anywhere in Canada, I've been ordering from them for years. Their prices for pipe tobacco are kind of all over the place. Mac Baren tins are like $50-60 but Captain Black is like $23 a pouch which isn't terrible for us in BC. They also have some Sir Walter Raleigh for $20/pouch right now. I just got some and am smoking it right now. They also have the 12oz bags of Smokers Pride for $60 CAD which if you break it down is about as cheap you can get pipe tobacco in Canada duty free.

Sometimes they get in some crazy deals. Last year they got in Davidoff aromatics (Red/Green/Blue) 50gr tins in for $14 a tin, I ordered a bunch of those, they sold out quickly at that price.

Sometimes they get in some crazy deals. Last year they got in Davidoff aromatics (Red/Green/Blue) 50gr tins in for $14 a tin, I ordered a bunch of those, they sold out quickly at that price
This is great information. I will be certain to look them up. My own stores of tobacco are pretty much done, but ya know, you can never have too much, eh? :LOL:

Manawydan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2024
I haven't bought any tobacco in awhile, and I usually don't smoke aromatics. BRM was one of few that I used to enjoy. It seems the rumor is Cult is done. Some say BRM might be the only blend available. But no one seems to have it in stock. Very sad news.
Wow -- I hope this isn't true. I checked smokingpipes.com, pipesandcigars.com, tobaccopipes.com, and cupojoes.com and it is listed as out of stock / backordered on all four! Really glad I bought two extra tins to cellar.

elvishrunes

Can't Leave
Jun 19, 2017
Hey! I did forget to mention to all concerned that we have at least 10 pot shops in Prince George . . . pot is legal in BC, and the rest of Kanada. The frontier roughneck town of PG is no more . . . . it's a town of dopers now. And these pot shops survive because the dopers can deduct marijahooney expenses from their income tax. What a twisted world.

Noted, and thanks for the suggestions! :)
Was going to mention that, probably a cannabis shop on every corner, which you inhale, but demonizing pipe tobacco which you don’t…. I’m not concerned if people want to smoke weed, but the punishment on tobacco is too much,

it occurred to me tobacco is now a similar price per oz as dope, maybe even more pricey,,,lol

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
A club I belong to in Prince George is having a surfeit of new pipe smokers, and making a long story short, what they want are very mild tobaccos with overwhelming chocolate and cherry flavours. Kinda like candy. I'm sure you all know the drill. They don't know this but I get the picture. My go to cherry tobacco is Borkum Riff Cherry Cavendish, and most of them find this on the "rough" side. Really.

I'd like to pick the brains of the forum members for two candy tobaccos, one cherry and one chocolate. Probably something you wouldn't smoke, but from humble beginnings . . . .

We have serious brand limitations in this city, so keep them to really popular brands if you can. This is a tough one but you've yet to disappoint me :)

PS I will order from down south if I have to so if the common brands don't have this we can go a bit more esoteric.
I wonder when (if ever) the word “surfeit” was last used by a resident of Prince George?

• Haha
Reactions: gord and JOHN72

gord

Starting to Get Obsessed
If you're checking out 4noggins there Tewksbury (Hobbits weed match) is a really good bulk cherry/ chocolate.
Thanks!
I wonder when (if ever) the word “surfeit” was last used by a resident of Prince George?
Prince George is a surprising town. (was? - times have changed!!). It had a fine Symphony Orchestra, It has a highly rated University, the University of Northern British Columbia, which has almost 3000 students if I remember correctly, and in the days of Northwood Pulp Ltd., back in the nineties, more millionaires per capita than any other city in North America.

Unfortunately, we now can't cut down trees, have an import orchestra of students and young pros from Vancouver, and the university currently produces the usual snowflakes. And down the list of degradation it goes. I came up here to fish and hunt and enjoy the outdoor lifestyle rather than taking up residence in a big city. I chose that path in 1998, when I was at the peak of my career.

It's sad, really. But I'm sure what I just said is known to most of you in your own home towns.

I'm 73, and in my twilight, but God willing will at least see directional change in the current madness that passes for civilization. Hope the same for all of you as well! Cheers! :)

gord

Starting to Get Obsessed
Thanks one and all! Have more than enough info to make a choice of three or four tobaccos, and as usual have noted them all, plus others mentioned, for my own future use. I selected the ones that were most mentioned for the rabble that passes as my friends lol! Next topic is . . . . . :ROFLMAO: Thanks again!

• Haha
Reactions: dingdong and JOHN72