PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
117 from the pics but i can get better pics when I go back over in a few days
Appears correct. The date would be 1947, apparently. Occasionally you can find these with tobacco still inside them. Despite being bone dry for decades, somehow, after all those years, it is a wonderful smoke after a little passive dehydration. Top quality burley. None better.

skeeter456

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2017
Plattsburgh NY
I am 33 years young. I still love looking through my dads stuff with him (hes 71). He can for the most part tell you where its from or what it was used for. Maybe someday ill share what we see.

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen old Edgeworth tins, and I never once bothered to notice that this was an American blend. The name, the tin art, and the fact that it was a flake all suggested “British” to me. Amazing. If any other US blenders were producing flakes in the 1940s, I’m unaware of them.

Curious, though: How is it this illustrious blend hasn’t been resurrected, if only in name? You’d think there would be a blender out there eager to capitalize on the history.

EA/DC

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 19, 2023
the Netherlands
20230327_131802.jpg20230327_132203.jpg

The "Greys" smoking mixture. Major Drapkin & Co.
Old, very old. Unused and still sealed. I bought it years ago with two more sealed tins. One went to a collector in Canada on ebay and ofcourse I had to open the other one...

The tin is not a vacuum type. The tobacco is well packed inside. Still great looking, dry not pulverised. I had it in the humidor for a while and it came back as good as could. Very sweet tasting and mild. I will smoke it again but certainly won't open this tin.