PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I'm thinking I need to try something other than the OTC that I can get. Not bad but it doesn't seem to last long.
Not at all trying to cause problems, just an honest question. But what are the health risks in comparison to pipes? Or cigs? Or chew? Wont stop me either way, I'm just curious.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I don't believe there are any known studies demonstrating any measurable risks from the use of nasal snuff. That being said, there also isn't a lot of data on it out there either.

Jul 12, 2011
I'm getting ready for my mrsnuff order, have a few dozen tins

in the shopping cart (I have to make the shipping worthwhile ya know,

sure...I keep telling myself that with all my TAD/PAD orders as well ;-)

based on all the great suggestions in this thread, man I'm really

looking forward to this order...
@Baron- you make a great point about the heat and not wanting

to go out for a smoke...since I only smoke outside this would

be great for the work day and those "@&$!'bv days of hot/humid

weather, which seems to be everyday these days...looking forward

to the Fall ;-)

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Likewise SD. I'll probably head off to the hideout around midnight to try some English Luxus when it's only 93°F or so. :crazy:

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
Hey baron. That Lexus is similar to the oriental. I just got a sample of G, H and C Balkan mixture from P&C and it is almost identical to Lexus and Oriental. I'd say it's right in the middle. Good stuff!!! I really like the Balkan/English stuff best!!!

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
I did, and responded!!!! Hey uber, thanks for the tins. I liked them both. My snout is full oh the "coke" snuff right now. Thanks for the tamper to man :D You're a good man!!!

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I could just imagine Dallas PD's reaction to me sniffing something out of a tin that said "Coke" on it! :rofl:
Don't take that stuff to the beach, shawn!
Today it's McChrystals Clove. Good stuff. IF you like clove!

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
:rofl: noted Baron!!!! I love Clove stuff... I want a good menthal snuff like the stuff i used in high school. I don't drive baron. If i sent you some money would you get me a couple tins of assorted, more traditional flavors of snuff, and ship it to me?

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
At the moment I'm (still) addicted to Pöschl Löwenprise. Something about the long-lasting smell it has is really nice.
My wife got some white (non-nicotine, I never saw the point of that) snuff. This would freak everyone out if sniffed through a rolled up bill at parties. :lol:

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
If you are into menthol Wilsons SM Blue, extra menthol, Honey menthol. Those are my top 3. Poschl president and red bull are good also but only come in small tap boxes. Red Bull has a good amount of Nic in it also! Careful with the extra menthol one it is dry and very fine. Sniff to hard and it will make your eyes water. 8O I have been on a SM Blue kick for 2 weeks now. Will order 3 or 4, 25g tins next order.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Careful with the extra menthol one it is dry and very fine. Sniff to hard and it will make your eyes water
That's what Alpina will do. Your eyes will turn red and water like you took a hard punch to the nose. Easy does it.
It's Pöschl SG Apricot today. Much more mellow.

jameral

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
Anxiously awaiting my Mr. Snuff order to arrive! I hope it gets here this week as I am leaving on vacation. I ordered the following:

Wilsons Crumbs of Comfort 5g

Poschl Gawith Apricot 10g

Bernard Zwiefacher 10g

McChrystal's Original & Genuine 3.5g

Ozona Raspberry 5g

Tiger Cola 10g
This will be my first go at snuff, any suggestions as to which I should try first?

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
The Pöschl SG Apricot is pretty mild, so maybe that one. I'm kinda curious about the ozona raspberry though and the cola one.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
This week I've been making the most of my new 25g tins and trying some new ones. I got the Löwenprise on sale and it is a minty one but not extreme like Alpina. I also tried Toque Absinthe. It is finer and will whack you if you sniff too hard, but it has a great fennel/anise smell and lasts a good while. I tried the Pöschl SG Cola. Very mild. Even moreso than the apricot with a nice refreshing cola scent. My favorite of the lot, though is Viking Peach. It is really toasty and a little more natural tobacco flavor than the others with a touch of peach flavor!
With the samples, I bought a sniffer (tube type) and am figuring out how to use it properly. Videos on YouTube are no help, because most of those idiots are doing lines of snuff with it and nearly nuking their brains in the process. It really isn't supposed to go in your sinuses, fellas. Not unless you want a headache and watering eyes.
Mostly, I just rub it with my fingers the old-school way.

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
I've tried snuff. I bought a few 10g tins from Toque that were assorted flavours. I liked the peach, but i didn't like the actual usage of snuff. I'm too self concious about residue, don't want to carry a hanky, find it messy, and makes my nose sting and eyes water if not done just right. I need that "hit" feeling, thats what gets me every time.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
i'm pretty new at snuff also, I thought it would help me kick the nails, so far it has made me smoke less. I mostly do it at work.

I bought some at a shop in San Diego when I was down there, It was in bulk so I wasnt sure what brand it, but I got Anise, Tangerine, raspberry, Dry Toast and apricot. So far I like them all but i'm still trying to figure out how much to take and how to take it. Sometimes I sniff to hard and my eyes bulge out of my head, other times I don't sniff hard enough and I have snuff all over my nostril and moustache...
Baronsamedi--When you say you just rub it the old fashioned way, do you mean you take a pinch and rub it in your nose? I've also tried youtube and theres really nothing of importance on there??

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
Hey Sj. I am sending you 5 grams of 5 different snuffs that I use in an hour. I think its the pinch method that Baron is talking about. Its how I do it to. You can control the amount of snuff that goes up by how fast you release your pinch. Dont sniff it to the back of your throat, Sniff it just up into your sinuses and nose. Here is a vid thats shows all the methods. The guy is kind of young, But he does a pretty good job demonstrating the various methods. I'm loneodis in the comments.lol Thats my Youtube name. I just watched it the other day. I just got back into snuff. Hadn't done any since high school. I love it though.. Hope this helps.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ssb-6nuzhg

Status
Not open for further replies.