PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfernand

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2015
McClelland Syrian Super Balkan - I don’t remember it coming up. I have one tin left.

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
Count Pulaski, from Altadis. https://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/2177/sutliff-tobacco-company-count-pulaski

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
ash,

I revel everytime I open a tin of Klondike Gold, while not obscure, it is discontinued.
I hear you. I am so glad I loaded up on the Gold. I went real deep with that one as I was in a pitched battle with peck to get as many as I could.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Owl's Head (4noggins)

Just came across a jar of this that I sampled back when the Tobacco Crawl was going on. From tobacco reviews:
A classic mellow, sweet, and nicely balanced mixture of Orientals, Virginias, Cyprian Latakia, and Black Cavendish. An English blend that is just complex enough yet mild enough to smoke anytime of day or all day.
Question: I thought that the addition of cavendish made an "English" blend fall into the "Scottish" blend camp. No?

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
jpmcwjr, that is the way I always saw it defined. I have seen manufacturer’s descriptions classify them as “English”. Just not in my book.

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
I have about a half bowl of Pease Bohemian Scandal, gifted by a forum member a few years ago.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Actually I have some Laurel Flake from 2005. Its been discontinued for at least twelve years, but it is reportedly re-branded as St. James.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
My memory is so bad on this stuff. There was a guy (I am almost positive his name is Mike) who was at the SPC summer BBQ like 5 or so years ago. He had a tin of tobacco from the '50s that he opened there and was kind enough to let me smoke a bowl. It had just a hit of something lakelandesque and literally set the stage for me enjoying Lakelands today. I wish I could remember what it was called. I know it did not match any names I had ever heard of at the time. Anyway, hats off to Mike and his wonderblend of super aged tobacco. It was a great smoke (THAT I actually remember), and allowed me to enjoy an entire genre of tobaccao I would likely not have otherwise.

maduromadness

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2014
California
Some McBaren Mature Virginia...stumbled on quite a few tins at a B&M I used to work at. Current production tobacco Erik S. 1855.

renal923

Might Stick Around
Dec 18, 2018
So while not mine, I did get the chance on thursday to sample some Frog Morton Cellar Reserve at pipe club last week. He even let me take a little ziploc baggie with enough for a single bowl, which was used on my commute this morning. Can't say I have cussed at construction traffic less, ever.

plugugly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2015
Paul, I'm not talking about it because I can't pronounce Scaferlatis! (but I did try some Merde De Cheval).

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If it's any comfort to those who've let the cat out of the bag on their favorite obscure blend, I've mentioned C&D Riverboat Gambler on a number of threads over a year or two, and it's no problem. It's never been listed on "What Are You Smoking" by anyone but me, I don't recall. Sometimes your secret is safe anyway.

Reactions: ram74

thefishguy

Can't Leave
Jan 17, 2017
I've got a couple of tins of Iwan Ries Gourmet English stashed away but I haven't opened them yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.