PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

excav8tor

Can't Leave
Aug 28, 2010
South Devon, England
Well seeing as Xmas is just around the corner (groan) I wondered if there was a nice person out there that woulds like to get my top item on my wish list.

B27mFuwBGkKGrHqMOKnIE6NisKRCBMkP5Yzd_3.jpg

B3n8wgCGkKGrHqRiQEq92mvgGBMkoBTWNMQ_3.jpg

Currently 7 days left to go on a well known auction site with a bid of $1,100 which hasn't met the reserve yet..... (Now there's a surprise!!!).
I guess I'm not going to be holding my breath while I wait!

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Indeed, an awesome looking set. Well past most of us price-wise, but would love to have it in one's possession. It would be like wanting a Bentley Motorcar, or some such high priced conveyance.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
I agree it would be cool to own but what would you do with it? Smoking any of those pipes would decrease the value so I guess you would just look at it?

spacecowboy57

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 14, 2010
all i want is a good new briar. the only new briar i bought is a dr. grabow and the few other briars i own were cheap estate pipes, nothing fancy. I still love it though, it suits me just fine.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
I too would like to own an Autograph one day Bubba. They are truly pieces of art but I would be too afraid to smoke it everyday so it would be my special pipe. I guess I will just have to get three or four. But I would need to win the lottery first unless I bought estate haha.

classicgeek

Apr 8, 2010
@bubbadreier: (hey, I think I finally spelled your name right!) I'm with you on the sugar-momma thing, but I can't figure out how to get it past my wife either.
As for the set of Comoys, I can recognize the value, and the uniqueness, and for a second I felt that thrill of the hunt, but reality is that I'd smoke 'em and devalue them. I'd be happy and depressed at the same time.
Hey, this is my 200th post!
Simon

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I like it that they put up a video of it too. I guess if you have to fork over...maybe 1000 - 3000 bucks for it you would want to have a closer look.

kcvet67

Jul 6, 2010
I wouldn't mind finding this one under the tree on Christmas:
http://www.iwanries.com/castello-collection-fiamata-2k-P11842C145.cfm

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I've lost what little mind I have left and decided to gradually gather up the entire Peterson B series. Those shapes are just odd enough I NEED them!

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
My dream pipes are by Lasse Skovgaard and Nanna Ivarsson.
Lasse's pipe skills rival about anything out there and are still priced (I think) at up-and-comer prices. Get 'em cheap while you can because I predict that they'll be fetching $1000 and up within a few short years.
It's a shame Kevin didn't post any pics of Lasse's workshop from his trip.
Nanna Ivarsson's pipes are also like fine smokeable art. They're also pretty hard to find at times, even the machine made Stanwells of her design.

Status
Not open for further replies.