PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pentangle

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
Yes next week i will leave the forum.Maybe for few months or maybe forever.The photographic season is at the door and i will be fully occupied.That's a good reason? maybe not, maybe i could get some time to visit the forum also,but i think for the moment my time has really ended.Somebody said i'm quite arrogant, somebody maybe think i have been aggressive.I think not. I think i have always said what i think honestly.Language barriers don't help,but i noticed that somebody want hear only what they think and that's surely a limit a big limit to my opinion.Somebody here follow the wave.What wave? Well, time will say.It has been a pleasure to meet some good guy here and probably we will talk again

A farewell from Maurizio

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Sorry to see you go, you sure are some pipe maker, stop by every once and a while and show off some work at least.

bytor

Can't Leave
Jan 21, 2010
Washington
Sorry to see you go Maurizio. I have always enjoyed the honesty and openness in your posts, as well as the pictures of the beautiful pipes you carve. Best of luck to you!

havanarick

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2012
Texas
You are a true artist and very passionate about your work, Hate to see you go!

Good Luck..

aussielass

Oct 18, 2011
So, so sad to see you go Maurizio, but I know there's no point in saying, "No, No! Please, you must stay" because you are a man who stands behind his principles and won't budge (it's an Italian thing :))
I will miss you and your ability to call it how it is, unfortunately there's few enough around without losing another, but that's the way the baccy crumbles I guess. I could could say the usual, "It's hard to soar like an eagle when you mix with turkeys" in general day to day life (not calling anyone here a turkey), but peeps like you and I prefer to soar alone, because so many just don't get it.
Fare thee well my friend, you WILL be missed, as will your exquisite craftsmanship that others can only aspire to and never even come close, and you won't even sell them lmfao, bless your Italian cotton sox.
From one 'ol hippy to another, Ciao xxx

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Maurizio, I think this is a cultural thing. Americans pretend they like things, and keep their honest opinion quiet sometimes :D I appreciate your honest opinion, and would like you to stay around. Your pipes show care in construction, attention to detail and are sometimes quite beautiful. You bring a lot to the forum, please stay around.

mano

Might Stick Around
Nov 29, 2011
Maurizio, the fact that some people here find fault with you is all the more reason to stay! It makes things more interesting and gets some good stimulating discussion going. I, for one, like a well-informed and talented contrarian.
If, on the other hand, you're leaving because you just don't have the time or interest, I wish you all the best.
If I visit Italy I'll do my best to look you up. Your work is passionate and fantastic.
I also miss Frank Zappa and need to meet his doppelganger.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
Maurizio, I can understand you needing time for other interest outside the forum, and I wish you all the best. I do hope you'll decide to stick around, and post from time to time. You are a gifted pipe artisan, and I'll miss your posts, and pics of your creations very much if you decide to leave.

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Maurizio... You have been a fine addition to this forum and you’ll be missed.
I wish good health and a long life. :puffy:

aussielass

Oct 18, 2011
Maurizio, I think this is a cultural thing. Americans pretend they like things, and keep their honest opinion quiet sometimes
Never a truer word was said - I've seen people ooh and argh over something I wouldn't even give my pups as a toy and think, "WTF coloured pills are these people on????" but you always notice the level of inexperience/low expectations of those oohing and arghing, whereas those who truly know say nothing lest they get shot to pieces. It's so very different to a planted aquarium forum I'm in - someone puts up an absolutely crap landscape and no-one makes a single reply. Other threads get 100's replies - they soon realise their scape is crap compared to others = instead of being given a completely false impression of their talent by oohers and aahers dribbling BS. That silence then causes them to strive for a new level.
The other thing is, many Americans struggle with languages other than their own, hell, enough of them struggle with their own too, so comments from Europeans especially, can be completely misconstrued or taken way too seriously. I have seen it happen many a time, as is the case in this instance (and I agreed with your comments, but would've used the word "basic" instead of "rudimentary" even though they are synonomous) - that word will always raise eyebrows & set people on the back foot. Basically it's not what you said (posts show many agree with you), rather, it's the way you said it and how it was perceived by a few. Please think about that, and maybe you'll smile, stay & get way better at "Amglish" 'ol mate.

smooth

Might Stick Around
Jan 10, 2012
The masses feel safe when they can agree and look down upon the person who offers an alternate view to which they do not agree. I am sure neither you nor I nor aussielass ever bought a car cuz it was " number one in sales" to the masses. Hang tough, Maurizo.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Hey mate, I am glad your photo business is getting busy, but you must have a couple minutes here and there to stop by and browse and give an opinion man. You make great looking pipes, everyones opinion here is valueable.

pentangle

Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
I always smile My lady I try to read between the lines, my intelligence drive me to understand over the appearance and probably i'm surprised that others don't shows similar attitudes.So need an escape from the box.I feel myself compressed in a room.Maybe will change, maybe i will feel better who knows?

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I wouldn't sweat it. Most of us Americans know the Italians aren't arrogant, except when they have something to be arrogant about, such as excellent wine, the Tuscan contribution to cooking and Ducati motorcycles, which would make me pretty damn arrogant if I had invented those things. Your pipes look great and your opinion is valued. I'd take slightly arrogant over a "yes man" any day.

pipedisciple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 18, 2011
Sorry to see you go, your insight is good and I like you pipes. God be with You. :puffy:

chispa

Can't Leave
Sep 18, 2011
I understand, seasons change and hobbies ebb and flow. See you later. Drop by occasionally and share some photos. Pipe photos, Italian girls.. whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.