PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
@Kevin: since you're leaving in April (you got dibs) What does it pay to be the owner/mod here ? Where do I send my application ?
:rofl:

hobojoe

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2011
" My Lady", "My Love".

That sound like Pepe La poo. I thought you was Tally. Now it seems your

Frenchie.

Oh Me, I hope I did not upset the DownUnders.

Oh my!

Well if you live on this round circle you can say anything you all's wants too.

And iffen you is leaving than why the response. Times of year that theseums seasons

changes.

Go shoots wat you shoots. keep us posted on whatevers.

Themm only tings I likes isum a sites of a womans leaving.

And sures enoth youse an't nos woman leaving.
Nows I 'll justs set back and sipp on thes herenn jug some moes.

Byes the ways pasum those here fries.

Horses needs beer also.

Joe"mullethead" shoes.

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
I left a Forum because of what I considered "Over-Moderation", "Presumptive Biased Opinions by Moderators" and just plain "Arrogance" on the part of Moderators who seemed to prefer their clicky friends to newcomers and enjoyed their position of "Power and Control". I shall never return to that Forum. I have a very low tolerance for such things. I don't blame him for leaving if he felt "shunned" in any way. I was not involved in his topics that I am aware of, but I do wish him well. I also do not know the string that may have upset him since I am not on the forum every day. I hate to see anyone leave a pipe and tobacco forum. We already are a tortured minority and we need to stick together. My life is full and busy. I like this particular forum. I have felt no anomosity whatsoever. I think I understand that most of us here want to do one of two things, or both.

1. Contibute (give back) from our experience.

2. Obtain information.

I know and understand the rules of pipe forums and agree with them. This Forum, in my opinion, is the best I have ever experienced. I hope our friend will reconsider. He sounds like a good guy we do not wish to lose.
Captain Bob

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
+1 Bob
This is truly a great place. But people aren't perfect. So shit happens. :puffy:
In this case I think he said something was taken as him putting down the work of another pipe maker on the forum.
It didn't get nasty but there was a small revolt lol
His english isn't perfect so there seems to be a little that gets lost in translation. But overall he is very blunt and opinionated. I appreciate the transparency in which he spoke. I didn't agree with a lot of what he said, but I never thought he shouldn't be allowed to say what he thought. And apparently it's hard for people to converse nicely with all of those factors.
And there's the ever-present fact that reading what someone thinks can be very different from hearing that person voice their opinions in person.
And the internet makes some people think they are powerful. It's a very real and hard thing to control.
I remember looking into the Stanford Prison Experiment when I had psychology in college. Very interesting stuff.
Interesting little video if you have the time to watch it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkmQZjZSjk4

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
It was me that called him arrogant. He dished out a fair amount of criticism just about every time someone posted a pic of a pipe and it wasn't to his standards. Here is what I said......"Quite arrogant." One forum member says he's arrogant and he leaves. Well, excuse me for checking him on it. Grow up. We are all adults here(I think) and should be able to absorb a little bit of criticism without running off like a child does when not treated the way they want. I'm with buckeye here. Buh-bye.

briarpipeboiler

Might Stick Around
Feb 21, 2012
Louisville
This guy quit the board bc one person called him 'arrogant'?!?!
:rofl:
Wow. This place is absolutely NOTHING compared to other forums I spend a lot more time on. If they have the means and the hate, they will track down your employer and ruin your life there. SERIOUSLY. I've seen it happen. Talk about an intertron meltdown.
This place is NOTHING.
Toughen up, or I guess, leave. Pfft. lol

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
The Internet is such a cruel place. :nana: You never quite know what the other person really means, is it in jest, or are they serious? :crazy:

adam12

May 16, 2011
Here's the deal. There are other pipe forums that are soap operas in the extreme that make this place look like an Amish church service by comparison. One of which was actually founded when another pipe forum imploded - and quickly became infreakintolerable. People there just ripping each other like "The View" when all their periods sync. NOT FUN at all, and boring as all hell, I might add. No names but this particular pipe forum I am talking about can pound sand. They are all a bunch of arrogant dweebs where any member with anything less than a fleet of Castellos and Chonowitsches isn't welcome, and everyone brags about having Todd Johnson's cell phone number. They are the proverbial "cool table at the cafeteria" and YOU ARE NOT.
There is even another forum where before joining, you are required to submit a list of pipes you own, for "approval" so that they make sure they aren't letting any riff raff in. Then, I assume, once you're in, you get the secret decoder ring and learn the secret handshake and wear a weird hat and dance naked in a circle like "Eyes Wide Shut" without the hot women. What a load of Shi'ite.
Here, it's another story. This place is like The Drake of pipe forums. Bitchin knowledge and no one cares if you bought your pipe at Goodwill, and having a Willard doesn't mean you're a loser. Here, it's like "are you smokin a pipe, or collecting crystal unicorns." This place "gets it". A fun site with zero attitudes man. We even have a resident psycho or two to keep things totally interesting. At least here nobody is afraid to let a little criticism and jab go the other direction. Which is what it sounds like happened here. Far as I'm concerned, anyone who critiques anyone's pipes in public should be able to stand the heat (considering you rarely read anything negative about a pipe carver here, it's generally pretty diplomatic).
So for what it's worth, this place is pretty amazing and anyone who dumps it in a big dramatic display will be welcomed elsewhere where dramatic displays are an everyday thing.

teamhavoc28

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2010
My view is simple if someone feels that uncomfortable why announce the departure date. It reminds me of people who threaten to leave to get attention. Stay and contribute or leave in silence. Folks can always find other forums but learn nothing if they can't accept differing opinions.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
What it comes down to for me is, dont dish it out if you cant take it. I made a few comments to him as well, not just dhizzy.
Pentangle did make some pretty pipes, but he refused to sell them, I dont think it was his place to negatively critique every body and their brother who trys to make a pipe. Some were very mediocre, but most of them were peoples first try, are you really gonna tell them how bad they are?
Some people just cant take back what they dish out

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Lawrence, Mark. let's close this dead horse down

beatdeadhorse5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.