PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Really sorry to hear this Michael ... please do keep us posted.
All the best wishes and positive energy coming your way!

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Michael, I'm sorry to hear this. Personally, I am a bit bummed by this as (for me) you were one of the "old crowd" that used to frequent the forums when I first started with this hobby. While I haven't been on as often as I used to, I always had a little grin when I saw a post from you. Make no mistake, you will be missed.
I hope that you continue to enjoy your life even if it means giving up one of your hobbies/loves. Please feel free to drop me a pm. I hope that you periodically drop in here to keep us up-to-date with the things going on in your life. Thanks for the years of posts and friendship.
-Jason

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Dang it, Michael. I am so sorry to hear this but I'm glad you're on top of the situation and that you know what needs to be done.
When I started here years ago you were one of the first guys who patiently explained best practices and methodologies to me. I was grateful then and please know that I try to pay it forward today.
Don't be a stranger, pal.
Fnord

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
nsfisher, sorry to hear your situation. There is only a smallish amount of the old timers left. Have seen many visit, stay, scam, fight, get stupid and go. A lot of good come in, stay,contribute, care and share. You were Always the latter. Do whats best for your health, but don't be a stranger... Dave

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Sorry to hear the news, but am glad you're being pro-active in dealing with it.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Sad news indeed, but it's good to recognize you need to take the right steps for your health. That sounds like a good plan, hopefully as your treatment unfolds, you might be able to indulge in an occasional pipe. Keep us posted.

joshb83

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2015
sorry to hear about the diagnosis thus far, please keep us updated. We're all thinking about you and hoping for the best!

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Thank you all for the kind words, wishes and thoughts. I am humbled by your friendship. I shall drop a line on the prognosis as soon as I know something concrete.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Good to see the Classes of '11 and '12 weighing in with their best wishes.
You're well thought of around here, Michael.
I hope you and your bride will continue haunting flea markets and that you'll share the amazing piping swag you find, my friend.
Fnord

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Michael I know you won't be reading this for reasons described. I am very tempted to sell of my stash at the Columbus pipe show in Columbus. I'm gonna be doing it with a sad heart but I can no longer afford the hobby.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Ns, you've always been a good guy and had valued input. I wish you well and pray you get a great prognosis from the docs.
Take care!

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
So sorry to hear this news. I can't imagine the harsh reality of having to give up something you love for health issues.
Hang in there. Prayers are with you.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
I don't scroll down here too often but I was shocked to see your post. Good health to you and yours, we will miss your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.