Status
Not open for further replies.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Dave:
You wrote:
"Many of you have offered to send me pipes and your offers brought tears to my eyes."
Don't be surprised at the outpouring of offers, pal. You've long been one of the class acts on this forum and your own acts of kindness to other pipers have always made me nod my head and think, "There's a good man."
I am so sorry for your loss.
Fnord

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I'd put together and save a few searches for each item on Ebay so you are notified via e-mail if anything like your pipes come up for auction. Maybe not likely to happen but still worth a try.
I've had my car broken into in broad daylight as well. They stole my GPS which had my phone address book on it. I started getting taunting phone calls the next day.Now I have passwords on all my electronic stuff in case this happens again.
Let's hope your things find their way back to you!

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Sorry to hear that mate. If your short on pipes now, let me know and I can send you a couple. They are not in the same class as the ones stolen from you, but it will give you something to puff anyway.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Oh, my God, I can't imagine such a loss of so many fine pipes. If you see something you like to help replace these, please PM me, and I'll do what I can to help. Don't be embarrassed to ask. Those bastards! I hope they burn in the lowest pit of hell!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That is awful. I travel by my car with pipes, so that's my worst fear. Would your car insurance cover the loss? (deductible may be an issue)

lazydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
disgusting humans......Thieves are up on my list of the worst.....To think that one could take property that another has worked for......uggh......Hope they turn up.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
PM me your address as I have a couple briars from I think the 1940's I can send on to you as they came with two meerschaums I purchased as a job lot in an auction last year. I don't smoke briars and at my age I am unlikely to change the habits of a life time! I hope they catch those characters and keep an eye on Ebay and pawn shops as that is the place they will surface.

timely

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 23, 2012
My condolences. That's terrible.!!!!

I will also keep an eye on Ebay.

cardician

Lurker
Oct 28, 2012
Sorry about your situation, shantiques.
Here's an idea that might help you feel better -
Load up a beautiful pipe with the finest tobacco you have - as you light up, promise yourself that by the time you have finished this bowl you will have completely forgiven the bum who stole your pipes and then leave behind any feelings of anger or desire for revenge etc. Simply choose to shuck off all ill-will and anxiety about this matter.
Your peace of mind will return as if by magic.
When I find myself in times of Trouble

Mother Mary comes to me,

Whispering words of Wisdom,

Let it be - Let it be.
(Lennon and McCartney paraphrase)

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
Nice recommendation Cardician...I would do that AFTER I caught the little prick that stole the backpack and opened a good old can of Cajun Gator whoop ass on him...real sorry to hear that happened...I will be watching Ebay too

PlanxtyPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2013
Absolutely awful. Made me feel sick that you lost a WW2 era Peterson...and a 999 no less! Here's hoping they get recovered.

vespertillio

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2012
That royally stinks. I'll keep a watch on the Bay as well. Keeping my fingers crossed for their safe return.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Hey thanks guys, I did get a call today that someone had found my backpack, sadly no pipes inside. But not all is lost, my very nice black diamond head lamp was in there along with some books and paperwork I needed. They had even stolen a tool kit out of the back of my friends car and decided it wasn't worth keeping and tossed it out with the backpack. Anyway, it is something, as a Christian and a pastor at that I hold all of my belongings with an open hand. The Bible teaches that all that I have is provided by the Lord and he is helping me remember that. I'm hoping however for justice which is just as Biblical as forgiveness. And am hoping that either my buddies insurance or my renters insurance will cover the cost of some of my loss. For those that have made offers despite my above comments, thank you.

Lastly I got a call from my Buddy, best friend in the world that his dad had died. I knew it would be soon, he had cancer everywhere, but it was the last emotional straw and I'm heartbroken about it. I will be flying up tomorrow for the funeral and yes I plan to smoke a bowl in honor of Chief Master Sergeant USAF retired, David Willis, feel free to join me. Your above comments and offers have been a boon to my soul and I won't forget it, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.