New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
Glad you like it! I never really thought much of it to be honest. What does your setup look like? I know there was a thread about this at one point...
Mine's all over the place. Lemme see if I can find my pictures from old posts...

My wife thoughtfully designated parts of an old bookcase in our living room to my pipe stuff. 🥰
pipe_storage-jpg.180686

Hard to get a good picture of this long, shallow drawer, but there's lighters and matches and more pipe cleaners in the compartments to the left of this stash.
cellar_drawer-jpg.166433

Since those pictures were taken, my "cellar" has expanded into the basement, and I'm not sure how much evidence of that I want there to be. 😁

There is a sink with a counter in the basement close to my shop that makes a good area for working with plugs, so I keep the jarred plugs on a shelf above that. It's a big mess, and wouldn't look that great even if I straightened it up, so you'll have to imagine that too. ;)

Last edited:

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Mine's all over the place. Lemme see if I can find my pictures from old posts...

My wife thoughtfully designated parts of an old bookcase in our living room to my pipe stuff. 🥰
pipe_storage-jpg.180686

Hard to get a good picture of this long, shallow drawer, but there's lighters and matches and more pipe cleaners in the compartments to the left of this stash.
cellar_drawer-jpg.166433

Since those pictures were taken, my "cellar" has expanded into the basement, and I'm not sure how much evidence of that I want there to be. 😁

There is a sink with a counter in the basement close to my shop that makes a good area for working with plugs, so I keep the jarred plugs on a shelf above that. It's a big mess, and wouldn't look that great even if I straightened it up, so you'll have to imagine that too.
Id like to get my displayed section, to just my small cabinet actually. Only 3 or 4 blends available, and my 2 extra pipe racks. Just reload from the basement when needed. Dump it into a jar.
Possibly attempting to sell our house and buy again in the next couple years, So I only want necessities out.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Found at a thrift store for a couple bucks. Trying to make my pipe and tobacco area more presentable.

This will be for my Old Joe Krantz. This means that OJK has made it to the next step of my every day blends. No more mason jars for it. It'll get dried 4 to 6 oz at a time, ready to smoke. There is a rubber seal on it, but it's not good enough to keep it from drying out, so it's perfect!

View attachment 196564
that looks like the jar my grandma kept those strawberry shaped candies in.

Carol

Lifer
Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA
Sorry for the delay, as I had to clean it up and make it look not so ungodly insane.

View attachment 196641
Here's my great grandpa's pipe stand below my zippos.

View attachment 196642Top drawer swings out I'm assuming it was for beverages. Mason jars for perfectly in those holes, but I don't think they used mason jars back then. I need a new veneer piece for the top someday. View attachment 196643
Bottom doors open for storage, with pipe racks on each. Right side broke before I inherited it. Left side is where my Grabows live.
View attachment 196645
Big cabinet, top shelf holds notebooks and ink, middle shelf is pipes, bottom shelf is knives and books.
View attachment 196646
View attachment 196647
And now that I transfered all my excess into mylar bags, I moved them to a tote in the basement. The bottom cabinet is just used for the current rotation. I'm slowly working on getting everything more compact, and maybe changing to a new system. But the bottom area is looking pretty empty.

View attachment 196648View attachment 196649
It's not much, but it works perfectly for me.
Really nice set up, sir!

Heypat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2020
Shelby township Michigan, 48315
I have that same pipe stand. Those cutouts in the top drawer that rotates open are for glass ashtrays. I do not have the ashtrays for mine and always wondered what those round cutouts were for. until I seen a pristine one at an estate sale that had them. It was already sold when I got to the sale or I would have 2 of them. I wish I would have taken a photo of it so I could share.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I have that same pipe stand. Those cutouts in the top drawer that rotates open are for glass ashtrays. I do not have the ashtrays for mine and always wondered what those round cutouts were for. until I seen a pristine one at an estate sale that had them. It was already sold when I got to the sale or I would have 2 of them. I wish I would have taken a photo of it so I could share.
Hey, thanks! I for some reason never thought about ashtrays!

Reactions: Nevaditude

bobpnm

Lifer
Jul 24, 2012
Panama City, Florida
Sorry for the delay, as I had to clean it up and make it look not so ungodly insane.

View attachment 196641

View attachment 196642Top drawer swings out I'm assuming it was for beverages. Mason jars for perfectly in those holes, but I don't think they used mason jars back then. I need a new veneer piece for the top someday. View attachment 196643
Bottom doors open for storage, with pipe racks on each. Right side broke before I inherited it. Left side is where my Grabows live.
View attachment 196645
Big cabinet, top shelf holds notebooks and ink, middle shelf is pipes, bottom shelf is knives and books.
View attachment 196646
View attachment 196647
And now that I transfered all my excess into mylar bags, I moved them to a tote in the basement. The bottom cabinet is just used for the current rotation. I'm slowly working on getting everything more compact, and maybe changing to a new system. But the bottom area is looking pretty empty.

Outstanding!

May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea

View attachment 196641

View attachment 196645
View attachment 196646
View attachment 196647

That's a neat set-up, Didi. 👍

Bassman65

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2022
Canada

View attachment 196641

View attachment 196645
View attachment 196646
View attachment 196647

Wow. I can only dream is such a set up.