PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Found at a thrift store for a couple bucks. Trying to make my pipe and tobacco area more presentable.

This will be for my Old Joe Krantz. This means that OJK has made it to the next step of my every day blends. No more mason jars for it. It'll get dried 4 to 6 oz at a time, ready to smoke. There is a rubber seal on it, but it's not good enough to keep it from drying out, so it's perfect!

PXL_20230122_163412389.MP.jpg

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I’ve got one of those old pipe racks with a tobacco jar in the center. It’s just a glass jar with a loose-fitting wood lid, so I’ve never trusted it to anything. But I’m starting to like the idea of having a codger burley ready to go that isn’t harmed by dessiccation. So maybe it will become home to something, too!

View attachment 196592
It's a great system! I have a jar for my Carter hall and one for Ryback. I hate not having a blend ready to smoke. Having to wait hours is terrible. Break it all up, and let it dry out in the jar! The ones with bad seals are best! Hahaha.

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
It's a great system! I have a jar for my Carter hall and one for Ryback. I hate not having a blend ready to smoke. Having to wait hours is terrible. Break it all up, and let it dry out in the jar! The ones with bad seals are best! Hahaha.
Do you have any pictures of your whole pipes and tobacco area? Would like to see more of it. 😎

• Love
Reactions: didimauw
Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I picked up a decanter rack with a glass jar attached. The lid is loose fitting, so I keep my "daily" smoke in it. Right now, it's a vanilla and Burley aromatic (since I enjoy vanilla in the morning with my coffee), but that will likely be replaced with Half and Half once empty.

I'm a big fan of the jar and rack concept since it is efficient and effective while keeping the leaf at a good burning dryness level.

20220205_080821.jpg

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Do you have any pictures of your whole pipes and tobacco area? Would like to see more of it. 😎
Sorry for the delay, as I had to clean it up and make it look not so ungodly insane.

PXL_20230122_220526899.MP.jpg
Here's my great grandpa's pipe stand below my zippos.

PXL_20230122_220535025.MP.jpgTop drawer swings out I'm assuming it was for beverages. Mason jars for perfectly in those holes, but I don't think they used mason jars back then. I need a new veneer piece for the top someday. PXL_20230122_220625129.MP.jpg
Bottom doors open for storage, with pipe racks on each. Right side broke before I inherited it. Left side is where my Grabows live.
PXL_20230122_220637617.MP.jpg
Big cabinet, top shelf holds notebooks and ink, middle shelf is pipes, bottom shelf is knives and books.
PXL_20230122_220548411.MP.jpg
PXL_20230122_220606662.MP.jpg
And now that I transfered all my excess into mylar bags, I moved them to a tote in the basement. The bottom cabinet is just used for the current rotation. I'm slowly working on getting everything more compact, and maybe changing to a new system. But the bottom area is looking pretty empty.

PXL_20230122_220714182.MP.jpgPXL_20230122_220719936.MP.jpg
It's not much, but it works perfectly for me.

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
Sorry for the delay, as I had to clean it up and make it look not so ungodly insane.

View attachment 196641
Here's my great grandpa's pipe stand below my zippos.

View attachment 196642Top drawer swings out I'm assuming it was for beverages. Mason jars for perfectly in those holes, but I don't think they used mason jars back then. I need a new veneer piece for the top someday. View attachment 196643
Bottom doors open for storage, with pipe racks on each. Right side broke before I inherited it. Left side is where my Grabows live.
View attachment 196645
Big cabinet, top shelf holds notebooks and ink, middle shelf is pipes, bottom shelf is knives and books.
View attachment 196646
View attachment 196647
And now that I transfered all my excess into mylar bags, I moved them to a tote in the basement. The bottom cabinet is just used for the current rotation. I'm slowly working on getting everything more compact, and maybe changing to a new system. But the bottom area is looking pretty empty.

View attachment 196648View attachment 196649
It's not much, but it works perfectly for me.
Lovely nook dedicated to pipes and tobacco! That would make me feel very warm and comforted sitting beside! My area is my unfinished basement, so it's nowhere near as nice looking, lol. I should find some time and at least put some nice cabinetry to set it all on instead of an old work bench, lol

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Lovely nook dedicated to pipes and tobacco! That would make me feel very warm and comforted sitting beside! My area is my unfinished basement, so it's nowhere near as nice looking, lol. I should find some time and at least put some nice cabinetry to set it all on instead of an old work bench, lol
I just like having one place for all my things. And I try to make my pipe accoutrement to look halfway decent I suppose.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Glad you like it! I never really thought much of it to be honest. What does your setup look like? I know there was a thread about this at one point...
I'm digging your recent excitement about Meerschaum pipes and set ups. It's noticeable and encouraging.

Glad you are enjoying your pipe journey. To both you and others on the forum, may the road of learning and excitement on this journey never end until your ember is finally extinguished.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I'm digging your recent excitement about Meerschaum pipes and set ups. It's noticeable and encouraging.

Glad you are enjoying your pipe journey. To both you and others on the forum, may the road of learning and excitement on this journey never end until your ember is finally extinguished.
My cabinet will be an ever changing process. I hope someday to make it 100 percent pipes and tobacco. But I don't own enough stuff yet! Hahaha