PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

trevert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2009
NC
Actually the catalog is kind of embarrassing at the moment - The Goblins page is a whole bunch of examples of the same shape! That doesn't happen often.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Actually the catalog is kind of embarrassing at the moment - The Goblins page is a whole bunch of examples of the same shape! That doesn't happen often.
I have the site bookmarked so I will be checking back from time to time. The Talbert Section is simply mind blowing. Great work!

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
You are Trever Talbert! Wow I'm an idiot! Man your pipes are one of the reason I got into smoking pipes. It is a true honor to talk to you.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
I, like Eric had to look up 'Morta" as I had never heard of it before. After reading the Wikipedia explanation,

I was wondering if the different color morta has to do with what kind of wood fell into the bog (pine, oak, possibly

yew), or how long it was there (500 years, or 10,000 years)? I can't imagine pine making a good pipe, but I'm not

privy to what the bog does to the wood chemically with time. Also the amount of tannins in the bog may affect how

quickly the wood is preserved.

In any account, I WANT ONE! That is a beautiful pipe Trever!

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
TopD I have 2 a chubby and a Rhodesion made by Palo Becker, I treated myself when I turned 70, I read they carbon dated the darker the wood the older it was, 2000 to 5000 yrs old they smoke dry kind of like a Meer, I don"t smoke aros in them just Nitecap. The old cajun

trevert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2009
NC
Thanks for the kind words, guys. Also, sorry I haven't been more active in here lately - I'm pretty deeply sunk into work on a complicated Halloween pipe right now and that's devouring nearly all my time. My working days are consisting mainly of sitting in the workshop listening to the audiobook of Dan Simmons' "The Terror" and carving and carving and carving... 8O
I gave this morta pipe its first smoke last night since applying the chamber patch and new bowl coating, and it did just fine. I think it's going to be OK from here out, I expect. It's certainly going to get a workout this October, once Universal and Hammer horror season begins.

trevert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2009
NC
I love your halloween pipes. Make sure you post a pic here when it's done.
I don't think the rules here favor posting commercial pics of work for sale. You can see a lot of progress photos of it on our FB and Twitter pages, though. And, in theory, on our G+ page, for those times when I remember that G+ exists...

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I'm pretty deeply sunk into work on a complicated Halloween pipe right now and that's devouring nearly all my time.
I just started following you on Twitter. That is one wicked looking pipe you're carving!

Status
Not open for further replies.