PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

eljimmy

Lifer
Jan 3, 2021
Los Angeles, California
I've has a nautical themed Lampe Berger for several years now like this one.

View attachment 77090

It does a fine job of purifying the air in my living room but there was a four seasons themed one I always wanted but for some reason I kept putting it off. Found an unused one for less than $50 and couldn't pass it up.

View attachment 77093View attachment 77094View attachment 77095View attachment 77096

There's one with a Chinese junk ship I've got my eye on now too. May be the start of a collection. ?
I really dig this one with the Art Nouveau ladies

Mar 1, 2014
This is great but I don't see anything about airborne effectiveness.

I've been using Tea tree Oil to fight infections Topically for years, but that doesn't necessarily have any carry over for aromatic use.

And that doesn't excuse all the gross fraudulent claims you see just about everywhere that Lampe Berger is mentioned.

This industry is the wild west and Snake Oil hasn't gone out of style.

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
This is great but I don't see anything about airborne effectiveness.

I've been using Tea tree Oil to fight infections Topically for years, but that doesn't necessarily have any carry over for aromatic use.

And that doesn't excuse all the gross fraudulent claims you see just about everywhere that Lampe Berger is mentioned.

This industry is the wild west and Snake Oil hasn't gone out of style.
I would have expected a response equal to the information provided regarding the anti bacterial and viral properties of essential oils.

Just to be clear, I enjoy the vintage technology that puts the fragrances in the air and what properties may exist otherwise a bonus.

I also use and enjoy oil lamps for when the power is off, and burning wood, if not a primary reason I find using a pipe pleasant. It’s fire man!!

While your most welcome to use or not to use, your negative opinions initially posted has been debunked. Better read up next time

Reactions: BROBS
Mar 1, 2014
I would have expected a response equal to the information provided regarding the anti bacterial and viral properties of essential oils.

Just to be clear, I enjoy the vintage technology that puts the fragrances in the air and what properties may exist otherwise a bonus.

I also use and enjoy oil lamps for when the power is off, and burning wood, if not a primary reason I find using a pipe pleasant. It’s fire man!!

While your most welcome to use or not to use, your negative opinions initially posted has been debunked. Better read up next time
Nothing has been debunked.

The validity of Essential Oils was never my argument. Trying to save face with a Strawman won't help you.

Your post is spouting obvious nonsense about Ozone, Ions, Immune System and Insects. Fraud.

• Haha
Reactions: Sweet Home Alabama
Mar 1, 2014

The subject matter is Air Quality.

You did not provide any studies about the effects of Essential Oils when delivered via Air Dispersion.

Chances are you didn't even look at the headlines for any of the studies you linked to.
Better read up next time.

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
Nothing has been debunked.

The validity of Essential Oils was never my argument. Trying to save face with a Strawman won't help you.

Your post is spouting obvious nonsense about Ozone, Ions, Immune System and Insects. Fraud.
It's very nice and requires no electricity. For me the frangrance dispersion is better than the wet type. It is really old school technolgy. You should get one.

I would caution you against confirmation bias in your thinking. It takes more effort, but at least you'll have either a different opinion or a more balanced, less emotional perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.