PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I've has a nautical themed Lampe Berger for several years now like this one.

s-l400-18.jpg

It does a fine job of purifying the air in my living room but there was a four seasons themed one I always wanted but for some reason I kept putting it off. Found an unused one for less than $50 and couldn't pass it up.

20210425_211004.jpg20210425_211017.jpg20210425_211032.jpg20210425_211047.jpg

There's one with a Chinese junk ship I've got my eye on now too. May be the start of a collection. ?

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
I’ve been curious about these. We have some diffusers in the house that I really enjoy using (and thankfully my girlfriend likes frankincense) and they make the house smell great. This looks like a similar thing, but probably longer lasting and doesn’t need to be plugged in. When you use scents, how strongly does it fill the room?

Reactions: ofafeather

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
When you use scents, how strongly does it fill the room?
It’s different than a diffuser because it can actively pull odors like smoke out of a room in addition to diffusing. I’m not exactly sure if the science behind it but that’s why you can go unscented. If you mix your own fuel you can control the potency of the scent plus custom blending scents can be fun. And you save a ton of money over buying the Lampe Berger fuel.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I love those, and they're very interesting. I've had a few for a number of years and like using them to clear out cooking odors I'm not fond of, like fish or onions. All of mine are clear to some degree so I can see the level of the alcohol. How do you tell when it's getting low in the opaque lamps?
I only ever fill them to half full and hold the lamp and swish it around a bit to check the level prior to lighting.

derhammer

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 7, 2018
New Zealand
I've has a nautical themed Lampe Berger for several years now like this one.

View attachment 77090

It does a fine job of purifying the air in my living room but there was a four seasons themed one I always wanted but for some reason I kept putting it off. Found an unused one for less than $50 and couldn't pass it up.

View attachment 77093View attachment 77094View attachment 77095View attachment 77096

There's one with a Chinese junk ship I've got my eye on now too. May be the start of a collection. ?
Aren't they the seasons by Alfons Mucha? I love art nouveau.

Status
Not open for further replies.