PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Although I enjoy nicotine, I didn't enjoy being a slave to the addiction.

From the age of fourteen, a mate and I would hit the city tobacconists on Saturday mornings and buy packs of foreign cigarette brands like Gitane non-filter, American Camel, Winston, Pall Mall, Temple Bar and Indonesian clove cigarettes to name several of many.
The stronger the better [We'd often laugh as we watched peers who'd bludge a smoke turn green from excessive nicotine]

The point of switching to a pipe was to free myself from the addiction so I only choose blends with no more than mild Lady N.

It means that I miss out on trying many blends but it's a small sacrifice to be free from the addiction.
Even after more than ten years since I've smoked nothing but a pipe, I still crave for a nic hit at least once a day though I haven't craved for a cigarette since.

I've tried all sorts of tobacco over the years but have not once ever been tempted to chew the stuff.
Don't know how you guys do it. [And I suspect the ladies aren't to keen to kiss a bloke whose been chewing a wad :eek: ]

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
I've tried all sorts of tobacco over the years but have not once ever been tempted to chew the stuff.
Don't know how you guys do it. [And I suspect the ladies aren't to keen to kiss a bloke whose been chewing a wad :eek: ]

My beautiful wife dips Gizzly Wintergreen, when she's trying to act like she doesn't smoke. :ROFLMAO:

I believe she picked up the habit from her stepmother.. who was a stripper, a dipping stripper.

kilroyjune6

Might Stick Around
Dec 25, 2016
My first time was with Borkum Riff Bourbon Whiskey. I'm sure it was from smoking too fast, but it made me sick. It doesn't happen very often, but it's usually smoking too fast, or smoking another bowl too soon after finishing the last one.

The big warning sign for me is the hot flash. I can stand being light-headed, and my stomach doesn't seem to bother me, but when I get hot, it's time to stop. If I can ride it out without puking, I'm good, but I usually have to put some effort into it. A cool shower, or going outside without a shirt (very effective in a Northern Michigan winter).

pip01

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 3, 2018
NJ
Usually nicotine doesn't effect me too much, except the time I over puffed on a bowl of GH Dark Flake Scented. I had to put down the pipe bowl and run for the other bowl. Ughhhh

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Idk.. I've wondered this myself. Maybe she kept it in her jaw and didn't spit, so her clients wouldn't know. She's a pretty lady though.. it's a strange deal. Maybe only in Alabama?
yeah else where they pretend they don't but some of them do. Seriously if I spend enough time with them they'll have to take a pinch. People are strange beasts.