PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Wow - when did you start making pipes Ed?
About three years ago Al,although my output is quite small. I have no desire to become a full time pipemaker,preferring to just do one now and then. I only made 13 last year. Chris's pipe is the third I've made this year. I don't actively pursue it,but if someone asks I will make them a pipe.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Peck the first one Ed made for me, the one in pic broke in after 2 smokes, light pipe, no off taste, a little hot but calmed down on third smoke and I believe it was me puffing a little too fast. The second one was almost the same, a poker, again no off taste dialed right in. The reason I asked for a second one was how good they smoked, our old friend Roth who was banned also had one made and he was amazed how good it smoked. If Ed ever gets some more stock wouldn't mind haveing another.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I think it smokes just fine. I have one in rotation I made in 9-09,it was the second pipe I made, it has always given me a good smoke and has held up well to the abuse I give it.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I do have a website,hopefully ain't breaking the rules by posting a link ---- http://www.ozarksouthpawpipes.com/index.html

jfox520

Part of the Furniture Now
May 24, 2013
The Morta is an amazing pipe, but I really like The Old Cajun's Mulberry pipe.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Well guys, this 48g beauty is a definite keeper. I christened her with some Rotary Navy Cut this afternoon. The pipe smoked cool and dry throughout. The weight along with the feel of the hand-cut stem & button combo make this a superb clencher. I am extremely pleased with this pipe. Fantastic work Ed!

Beautiful work Ed,
I love the character your pipes have.
My favorite amongst your pipes is this hockey stick pipe ;)
8078063.jpg

Would like to get one like this soon from you with matching stand and tamper ;)
Cheers,

Chris

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
That was my first and only attempt at a paneled pipe. It was also probably the hardest for me to make. I have a commission to do now. It may be a while before I can take another because of family matters.

Hi Ed,
It's gorgeous, please do let me know when are you available for making one for me even if it takes a couple of months. LOL i am currently broke ;) just got myself Two 1951 Jeantet, One 1950's Stanwell, One Erik Nording and One Rick Black pipe. You can put me on your wait list. Good things come to those who wait.
Cheers,

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.