PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infantry23

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 8, 2020
Smithsburg, Maryland
Received my first Altinay today. Less than a week from Turkey. The photos didn't do it justice. Workmanship is flawless. Symmetry in the carved design is superb. Mr Altinay drilled the draft to 4 mm for me, passes a pipe cleaner effortlessly. The pipe is incredibly light, balance is perfect. I was pleasant surprised by the stem work, thin and wide. Perfect clencher. Capstan Blue was chosen for the maiden voyage. Excellent smoking pipe, very neutral

I love the IMP I've been smoking for a month but my initial impression is the Altinay may be slightly better. I'll be buying more from this Carver.

View attachment 62420
Beautiful pipe, Hoosier!!

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Congrats...beautiful meer.

I picked up my first Altinay a few months ago I guess it was, and have been very impressed with it.

I just ordered these two in the last week or so...first one arrived today...has the same type of tenon as the previous pipe...these are the first meers I've had with this configuration...very open draw.

Dublin Altinay.jpg
Dublin Altinay 2.jpg

The second one is still on the way...my first spigot.

Calabash Spigot Altinay.jpg
Calabash Spigot Altinay 2.jpg

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL

I picked up my first Altinay a few months ago I guess it was, and have been very impressed with it.

I just ordered these two in the last week or so...first one arrived today...has the same type of tenon as the previous pipe...these are the first meers I've had with this configuration...very open draw.

View attachment 62451
View attachment 62452

View attachment 62453
View attachment 62454

Beautiful, elegant pipes. Congrats!

Said.ALTINAY

Might Stick Around
Received my first Altinay today. Less than a week from Turkey. The photos didn't do it justice. Workmanship is flawless. Symmetry in the carved design is superb. Mr Altinay drilled the draft to 4 mm for me, passes a pipe cleaner effortlessly. The pipe is incredibly light, balance is perfect. I was pleasant surprised by the stem work, thin and wide. Perfect clencher. Capstan Blue was chosen for the maiden voyage. Excellent smoking pipe, very neutral

I love the IMP I've been smoking for a month but my initial impression is the Altinay may be slightly better. I'll be buying more from this Carver.

View attachment 62420
Hello @hoosierpipeguy ,
Thanks for your valued review.(I'll share it on my testimonials page with your permission)
Glad to enjoy your first Altinay meerschaum. Hope you to enjoy it with health for life...

I want to thank you with a discount code for this beautiful post, for you and you dear friends commenting here. Coupon code: " pipesmagazine "

Said.ALTINAY

Might Stick Around

View attachment 62451
View attachment 62452

View attachment 62453
View attachment 62454
Hello @brian64 ,
Thanks for your orders.
Glad to you enjoy them. Hope you to enjoy them with health for life...
I am waiting your comments when you receive the spigot one too.

Said.ALTINAY

Might Stick Around
Unless you’re in a place that DHL thinks is too remote, then it’s $22 extra. Just because they don’t like to canoe that last kilometre to the doorstep. Sheesh.

I like his silver work and especially the army mounts and spigots. The smooth finishes come up on the site, but they get snapped up quickly.

View attachment 62432

View attachment 62431
Hello @Casual ,
Your comment about DHL made me laugh. Yes, sometimes they really bullshit. But sometimes these remote areas can be really mountain tops?
Enjoy them...

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018

View attachment 62451
View attachment 62452

View attachment 62453
View attachment 62454
So, it was you who got that spigot. Bastard. Let us know what you think after you get it and smoke it.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2018
England

View attachment 62420

I hope you enjoy it hoosier. I have a Rattray's meerschaum that I believe was made for them by Altinay. It's a beautifully carved well constructed pipe that's as light as a feather.

rattrays-white-goddess-carved-meerschaum-3-a_1.jpg

goldenmole

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2019
Copenhagen DK
I also recently bought my first Meerschaum from Altinay. Very happy overall, and extremely fast delivery in my case (I think it was 2 days from TR to DK). Just as discussed in other threads I had a strong chemical smell after the first few bowls, but this has now normalized. Also: for my next one I might go for slightly thicker material since I often puff fast, and this pipe is getting quite hot fast.pipe2.jpg

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Hello @hoosierpipeguy ,
Thanks for your valued review.(I'll share it on my testimonials page with your permission)
Glad to enjoy your first Altinay meerschaum. Hope you to enjoy it with health for life...

I want to thank you with a discount code for this beautiful post, for you and you dear friends commenting here. Coupon code: " pipesmagazine "
Of course you can use my post as a testimonial. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.