PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Received my first Altinay today. Less than a week from Turkey. The photos didn't do it justice. Workmanship is flawless. Symmetry in the carved design is superb. Mr Altinay drilled the draft to 4 mm for me, passes a pipe cleaner effortlessly. The pipe is incredibly light, balance is perfect. I was pleasant surprised by the stem work, thin and wide. Perfect clencher. Capstan Blue was chosen for the maiden voyage. Excellent smoking pipe, very neutral

I love the IMP I've been smoking for a month but my initial impression is the Altinay may be slightly better. I'll be buying more from this Carver.

8CC086DA-B8C1-4DD8-A483-E830F2975368.png

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Okay, I have questions. Did they send it for free if you quoted their website and reviewed it like some awkward Shakespearean play?

Seriously that a good looking Meer!!

Shipping is free automatically. Not a shill, just offering opinion for other members who may be interested the market for a Meer. Two months ago, I had no idea about Meers and learned most of what I know from here. Honestly, this pipe kind of blew me away, its really well made. We're I selfish, I would hesitate to offer reviews, being afraid increased demand would cause the prices to increase.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Shipping is free automatically. Not a shill, just offering opinion for other members who may be interested the market for a Meer. Two months ago, I had no idea about Meers and learned most of what I know from here. Honestly, this pipe kind of blew me away, its really well made. We're I selfish, I would hesitate to offer reviews, being afraid increased demand would cause the prices to increase.
Dude, I was totally joking with you. It was sarcasm having to do with the “pipe company that shall not be named”

These are the reviews I like.

Sorry it was misunderstood.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
Shipping is free automatically.
Unless you’re in a place that DHL thinks is too remote, then it’s $22 extra. Just because they don’t like to canoe that last kilometre to the doorstep. Sheesh.

I like his silver work and especially the army mounts and spigots. The smooth finishes come up on the site, but they get snapped up quickly.

1A29E9EB-EDF6-4AB0-8225-E51BAB2C35D8.jpeg

C84216F9-2658-4B28-8B9A-8161598D57FE.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2019
Received my first Altinay today. Less than a week from Turkey. The photos didn't do it justice. Workmanship is flawless. Symmetry in the carved design is superb. Mr Altinay drilled the draft to 4 mm for me, passes a pipe cleaner effortlessly. The pipe is incredibly light, balance is perfect. I was pleasant surprised by the stem work, thin and wide. Perfect clencher. Capstan Blue was chosen for the maiden voyage. Excellent smoking pipe, very neutral

I love the IMP I've been smoking for a month but my initial impression is the Altinay may be slightly better. I'll be buying more from this Carver.

View attachment 62420
Screw you dude! What I DO NOT need right now is another meerschaum..... Ugh.

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island

View attachment 62420

Thanks for this review, I’ve been watching them for a while now and it looks like even in just the last six months they have upped their game in terms of shaping and overall refinement.

Always a big question with meers (not counting Baki), how is the stem? You mentioned thin and wide but what about material quality, button shape, slot/funnel work?

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Thanks for this review, I’ve been watching them for a while now and it looks like even in just the last six months they have upped their game in terms of shaping and overall refinement.

Always a big question with meers (not counting Baki), how is the stem? You mentioned thin and wide but what about material quality, button shape, slot/funnel work?
Does it have the hokey screw push/pull plastic thingy?

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL

It's acrylic but the workmanship rivals Jack Howell's which is about as good as it gets for me.

spicy_boiii

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 5, 2020
Bay Area, California
Thanks for sharing, and I'm glad you picked that one up because I drooled over it for a while and it was hurting me not to own it.

I'm very happy with my Altinay, and am even happier after having seen your experience and the apparent customer service offered by Altinay. Looks like I'll have to purchase another in the future - A win for everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.