PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

theloniousmonkfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2017
FBI is assisting, he's still out there, police say "stay inside". Happy Easter, folks.
"It happened in Cleveland. It would appear to be the new, all time low for the city."
Sowell? Castro? The last couple decades? Where the hell have you been?

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/16/cleveland-police-hunt-suspect-posted-video-murder-facebook/
I don't understand you anti facebook people.

theloniousmonkfish

Jan 1, 2017
"Stephens is a member of the assertive community treatment team at Beech Brook, a mental health organization in northeast Ohio, a spokesperson for his employer confirmed."

ABC
Seriously.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I don't understand you anti facebook people.
The short answer is two words: Mark Zuckerberg.
Here's a slightly longer answer:
10 Reasons Why We Hate Facebook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flRg9Q1d3kY

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
On facebook you can control who sees what/when. I use facebook as a journal and to keep up with friends. Facebook is a tool. That's all. I'm fairly certain there were similar arguments when books were created, radio, any mass media. Each evolution gives away more and more info. It's only as evil as you allow it to be.

fishingandpipes

Aug 24, 2013
Speaking as someone who has worked in digital marketing and has seen the sausage made, I do not blame anyone who does not want to use Facebook.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Various social media schemes that seem to offer clear advantages and some control to members also have an uncomfortable intrusive aspect, a sort of psychological ponzi scheme or pyramid scheme that has members bidding for new members, with the medium being an active agent, and also gathering data and aiming all sorts of ads and messages. All of this is a long way from murder, but has a strong whiff of manipulative coercion. Even linkin, which is supposed to be more career oriented, strikes me as spooky. I can be a paranoid old hermit, but I also have a good sense of when I'm being shouldered. I'd be careful with social media, very alert, skeptical, and suspicious as needed.

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
Even linkin, which is supposed to be more career oriented, strikes me as spooky.
It's supposed to be, but over the past year it's become more like Facebook unfortunately.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Facebook was cool at first. It's too easy to start drama, with people you know and or see daily. Lots of my friends post things that shouldn't be said. I am however one of the very VERY few people that don't do facebook. So it is obviously thriving without me. :puffy:

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Sorry, but shouldn't the thread title be "Murdered Dead On Facebook?"
I've had my camera light go on, on the computer when on Facebook. If Zuckerberg (or NSA) wants to watch me in my birthday suit, he (they) should pay me. I know, Too Much Information. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.