PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I'm not an anti Facebook human. I'm an anti-anti-anti-eieio-Facebook human. Besides I know what you did last summer..... knock it off.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
My kids are on Facebook,Linkadink, Rinadink. Dad why don't you try it we could converse. Hey, get in your damned car and come visit me, put the IPHONE up so we can talk. And why in the hell I want to tell everyone about my Crazy Uncle ToTo. Kids ain't got no sense anymore. :rofl:

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I see we've gone from random acts of violence on FB live to now murder. That's just great! Gotta love technology. I haven't used my FB since 2010. I should delete my account, but I'm to lazy to login and delete it. I do use Instagram, so that's as close to FB as I'm going to get.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
The Irony/Hypocrisy alarm bells are going off like crazy. It makes my brain hurt. Your arguments would perhaps carry a bit more weight elsewhere. Yes, we all know how Facebook works and what it does. There's no secrets there, no giant conspiracies. Corporation bad. Companies evil. Zuckerberg monster. Cliches good. Blah blah blah blah. I suppose you don't watch tv because of the subliminal messages and liberal slant? Historically, mass media has been a one way stream, but now that it's reciprocal it must be the work of the devil? I get those who simply have no need of it. Personally, I hate the telephone as a verbal communication tool, but the belief that today's tools are somehow inherently evil? All that means is you're very old and the devil is in the music.

revs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Utah
I will give my two cents worth about facebook. I belong to a couple groups there to get ideas about things such as woodworking. As a woodworker, I am always looking for new ideas and have found a couple pages on that site worth following for inspiration. But, I agree, for the most part, it is a waste of time. Occasionally get a good laugh from some of my friends on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.