PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
I had won a new Mr. Brog pipe on Ebay. Well it come in the mail yesterday but with to many flaws to ignore. The coating inside the bowl was not smooth, the bit did not fit properly and the hole was way off center. I was greatly disappointed; however, after exchanging a few messages with Mr. Brog I feel much better. They have already shipped a replacement and are going to credit the shipping fees for returning the defective pipe back to me.
I am impressed with their level of customer service. Most companies would want proof of the defect, would wait to ship the replacement until the defective unit was returned or require a credit card deposit. Not Mr. Brog; they believe me when I say the pipe did not meet my expectations and within twelve hours had a replacement already on the way. All this on a pipe that I won at auction for only $10.50. Way to go Mr. Brog. :)

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
I'm glad you had a good experience with them. I have a Mr. Brog pear wood that smoked very well. I just haven't picked it up lately. I bought it out of curiosity and honestly because my wife and kids are Polish.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Makes you wonder Strambach charged Dino 69$ for a Meer that is unsmokeable, and Mr Brog makes a 10.50$ pipe good and refunds the shipping, Strambach is a No No with me as I have 2 and have minor issues with the last one. We need more people like Mr. Brog and boycott Strambach.

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
I am impressed with their level of customer service.
+1!
The one experience I've had with Mr. Brog customer service was fantastic. It was over one of their dirt cheap $10 pipes that cracked on the third bowl. They responded to my email in under an hour and at a ridiculous time of night (I think it was around 9pm EST). They got me a refund (via Amazon) in under a day, and even told me to just keep the cracked pipe. Particularly since this level of service was over their cheapest pipe, I was left well-disposed to purchasing another Mr. Brog.
Well, since then I've bought several Mr. Brog pipes and love them all - Especially my No. 19 Dublin!

2013-05-14-170825-600x450.jpg

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
How does a pipe with that many flaws even get out of the factory?

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
That's good to hear about their customer service. I just ordered two churchwardens thru Amazon. Thanks for sharing the stories and easing my mind a bit.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
I hope you enjoy the churchwardens. I have at least one of those on my to buy list, well after I get a scoot and billiard from the Brog. Please let us know how well they smoke.

auspipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2012
Australia
Think I will have to buy a churchwarden off ebay, they are so cheap! less than $20 shipped from some sellers.

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
The #14 churchwarden is a great little pipe, quite an easy smoker. I think my next Mr. Brog will be the scoot, or maybe the Viking.
Mr. Brog is such a great value, it will be hard to stop buying them.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Hmm. $50 and free shipping from Amazon; not bad. I enjoyed his description of the 66, and I quote:
Cool and Mooth Draw, You will truley enjoy smoking it!
I always hate it when I get a hot and mooth draw. Truley.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
You can tell that the Mr. Brog employes are not native english speakers, of course this makes sense being that it is a polish company. However, for me, some of the wording in the descriptions is part of what makes Mr. Brog special.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
I'm with you tbradsim1!! In this day of short packages of crackers,bottles made to look like they hold more than they do, and bar soap with the back carved out, it's time to reward good service and boycott the bad. I am still building my collection and have noted your bad experience as well as the good!

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
I may be wrong, and it may not apply to production pipe making, but most manufacturing did away with quality control inspectors years ago. That said, it is how they stand behind the misfires that matters.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Thumbs up on Mr Brogs customer service, always wonderful to receive good service.
*EDIT*- deleted spam and your hilarious rebuttal. -Jason

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I've put together several new pipe smoker's starter kits centered around a Mr Brog pipe for friends and relatives who have shown an interest in the hobby. Oddly, I don't own one myself! Someday....

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Ha ha! I went over to Amazon.com and started browsing Mr Brog pipes but couldn't find a shape I liked for the price I wanted to pay.
Instead I bought a Camoy's on ebay tonight. That should satisfy my PAD for a few... minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.