PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

boatme99

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2021
Somewhere in this vast universe
Well, down to one week until the truck arrives. I've got almost everything packed, just a few incidentals left.
Made arrangements today to ship my Continental. $700 door to door. They wouldn't give me a price break on the Town Car, so I'm giving it to a local waitress I know that's in need of a decent ride.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Moving is dreadful, but it is a chance to cull. It sounds like you have been pretty good about accumulating stuff. People get so attached and rent expensive space for tons of goods they'll never use again, or maybe even see. And if the rental storage burnt down, they go into mourning. I like my things, but wish our house had many fewer. We'd have everything we'd need with a third of it, but we'll never decide which 2/3rds can go. I don't think living in housing provided by your employer is being homeless at all. Is a minister or college president homeless because a house comes with the job? Nay, nay. A cabin on a boat is usually not spacious, but it is certainly a residence. Now racks stacked three high on a minesweeper, that's a dubious home, even with a locker attached. That may be just about homeless. Most generous of you to confer your car on a deserving working woman; good man.

boatme99

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2021
Somewhere in this vast universe
mso, when I was on the boat I was paying child support. Never missed a payment but the state kept trying to have me arrested because they couldn't put their fingers on me any they pleased. I really pissed them off. :ROFLMAO:
Luckily, my boss had gone through a messy divorce and was always there to back me up with the state mafia.

Status
Not open for further replies.