PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia
I just wanted to share a short story with everyone.

Last May we sold our home. For the past 235 days I have been living with my family in a 32ft travel trailer while we built our new residence on the 8 acres we purchased a few years ago in preparation for my wife's military retirement. Yesterday we got the keys!

We moved in a table last night to have dinner. Our furniture & household goods start being delivered today. By tomorrow evening, my study will be pretty much setup.

Right now it's just an empty 12x20 room in the basement with a dedicated exhaust fan... I'll post pictures once I get it all setup.

View attachment 119780

View attachment 119779
Congratulations! That’s going to be a nice space.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Moving is one of my least favorite things to do. I unpack immediately since I hate feeling unsettled.

After 3 moves in 3ish years, I finally found my (hopefully) forever home (that doesn't have stairs except for the basement).

Unfortunately, monsoon season in Metro Detroit was horrible (Detroit was literally underwater) and I haven't been able to get the basement back in order since the flooding.

I want my office back, though it is a no smoking area. I just can't bring myself to do it in the house, but am toying with a more elaborate setup in the garage since we are a one vehicle home.

It looks like the move is going rather smoothly and your setup will be nice. Enjoy it and the acreage.

dorelgin

Lurker
Feb 9, 2022
My congratulations! Looks awesome! One question: while you were living in a trailer where did you store all your belongings? I was looking for something and found this one among the storage and cheap moving companies.
What do you think?

LOREN

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2019
Illinois -> Florida

Last May we sold our home. For the past 235 days I have been living with my family in a 32ft travel trailer while we built our new residence on the 8 acres we purchased a few years ago in preparation for my wife's military retirement. Yesterday we got the keys!

We moved in a table last night to have dinner. Our furniture & household goods start being delivered today. By tomorrow evening, my study will be pretty much setup.

Right now it's just an empty 12x20 room in the basement with a dedicated exhaust fan... I'll post pictures once I get it all setup.

View attachment 119780

View attachment 119779
Congratulations!

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
My wife and I are are just entering the first steps of building a home on 9 acres in Southern Wisconsin. When we talked about what we did and did not want in the house I said "I will sacrifice every other decision to a conditioned, indoor room where I can smoke pipes and listen to records."
I've been trying to convince the wife to give me a smoking room. But our daughter is 9. I said then when she moves out, wife still says no. So garage or porch it is .....

Where in Wisconsin are you moving? Burlington here.

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA

View attachment 119780

View attachment 119779
Many blessings for you & yours. This is an awesome occasion & love the new smoke ? room
…I mean study ? . ?☕