PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
I just wanted to share a short story with everyone.

Last May we sold our home. For the past 235 days I have been living with my family in a 32ft travel trailer while we built our new residence on the 8 acres we purchased a few years ago in preparation for my wife's military retirement. Yesterday we got the keys!

We moved in a table last night to have dinner. Our furniture & household goods start being delivered today. By tomorrow evening, my study will be pretty much setup.

Right now it's just an empty 12x20 room in the basement with a dedicated exhaust fan... I'll post pictures once I get it all setup.

IMG_9050.jpg

20220103_155421.jpg

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018

Last May we sold our home. For the past 235 days I have been living with my family in a 32ft travel trailer while we built our new residence on the 8 acres we purchased a few years ago in preparation for my wife's military retirement. Yesterday we got the keys!

We moved in a table last night to have dinner. Our furniture & household goods start being delivered today. By tomorrow evening, my study will be pretty much setup.

Right now it's just an empty 12x20 room in the basement with a dedicated exhaust fan... I'll post pictures once I get it all setup.

View attachment 119780

View attachment 119779
Congratulations on the new home and sweet smoking room. I’m envious!

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Wow! Nice setup with lots of land.
"travel trailer?" is that like an RV?

I'm picturing this:

2022-KZ-RV-Escape-E17-HATCH-Ultra-Lightweight-Travel-Trailer.jpg

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
Congratulations!! That's a beautiful house and I'm sure that you and the wife will provide the love and care to make it a home. I'm sure you didn't happen to purchase those 8 acres with the off chance that a deer or two may wander onto the property. Enjoy it all.
I've already built stands out in the woods. ?
Congratulations!! Awesome place. I bet you guys will be very happy to get out of that "travel trailer?" is that like an RV?
Sorta. Once the campground kicked us out at the end of the season I tucked it up between the barn & the house.20210501_094328~2.jpg20211029_160430.jpg
Nice house! Glad that you can finally settle in ?
Yes... after spending the past 20 years moving around the country with our Coast Guard duties, we are very happy to finally be settling into a place of our own for good. It is quite literally a dream come true.

Laurent

Lifer
Dec 25, 2021
Michigan

View attachment 119780

View attachment 119779
Congrats! Looks great!