PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

RookieGuy80

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2023
Maryland, United States
Granny Hawkins with her corn cob. But that's pretty low efforton my part.
Dead Poets Society has a scene where all the boys are in the cave trying to smoke pipes, with one or two of them succeeding.
And although they didn't make it to the film, all of the behind the scenes photos of Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail, Graham Chapman wasn't pictured without a pipe either in his mouth or in his hand.

And there were a few clay pipes in The Patriot with Mel Gibson.

Bbailey324

Lifer
Jun 29, 2023
Austin, TX
Haven't read the entire thread so this may be a repeat. Watching 'The Stranger' (1946) with Edward G Robinson and Orson Welles. EGR is frequently smoking a pipe.

EchoPlex

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 9, 2023
Seattle, WA
Lots of Paul Giamatti smoking a pipe in the new movie, The Holdovers. In fact the opening scene is of his pipe laying on a table in his bedroom, then him smoking at his desk. So much pipe that I started jonesin' for a smoke and smoked a bowl as soon as I got home. Absolutely fantastic movie, by the way. Giamatti will most certainly be nominated for an Oscar for his incredible performance.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Lots of Paul Giamatti smoking a pipe in the new movie, The Holdovers. In fact the opening scene is of his pipe laying on a table in his bedroom, then him smoking at his desk. So much pipe that I started jonesin' for a smoke and smoked a bowl as soon as I got home. Absolutely fantastic movie, by the way. Giamatti will most certainly be nominated for an Oscar for his incredible performance.
You saw it in a theatre? I ask because I want to stream it, but in my region it hasn't been released yet—but I hope someone can prove me wrong.

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
An unusual and excellent movie. "Good idea." puffy

One of My Favorite movies.
Of course someone already mentioned another of my favorites being Father Goose and also the Quiet Man. Smith was also a piper in the Untouchables. It’s a shame he wasn’t piping in American Graffiti.