PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"I always thought that someone should make a Murphy's Oil aromatic tobacco."
Dan, therein lies your next project.......I shall be at the end of the queue when it comes to trials :puffy:
"Is that you done with cars now?"
"Why can't you drive?"
George and Workman, unfortunately my deteriorating physical health limits my movement, specifically in my spine and neck thereby making me a hazard to myself and other road users. Also it causes me much pain and discomfort.....but I get by. It breaks my heart giving up my wheels, I live in one of the most beautiful parts of my Country (Cornwall) and I do miss not being able to view it when I so choose. I'm aged 56 yet have the body of a 96 yearold......I just hope my marbles are more in keeping with my true age and stay that way.
Ever smiling this end folks..... :puffy:
Regards,
Jay.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
<p>I know a few people with an illness that makes their spine stiff and bent. They all look somewhat disabled, but certainly don't sound like it when they talk.<br />
All the best to you Jay. I love your posts, including the BBC bulletins

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
I can imagine that was something of a surprise but glad it has turned ok, Jay. I think I too would have tried to salvage it but I would never have thought of microwaving it. Did the mould spread anywhere other than the pipe? I mean, I wouldn't want a mouldy car or gloves.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I'm glad this worked out. I've tossed my fair share of pipes, but giving up one you enjoy is terrible. Bravo Jay! :clap:

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"They all look somewhat disabled, but certainly don't sound like it when they talk."
Workman, having a disability doesn't necessarily mean one's speech is impeded, it simply means a certain part of one's body is not functioning correctly.
"I bet a photo of the clean up would be appreciated by many."
John, it's nothing special but I will try to oblige on the morrow.
"Did the mould spread anywhere other than the pipe? I mean, I wouldn't want a mouldy car or gloves."
Jazz, actually there are signs of mould on the passenger seat and all over the steering wheel.....why I could not say but it shall be cleaned with a weak bleach solution prior to sale.
Anyone after a 2002 Skoda Fabia 1.6i with 107,000 on the clock......two careful and clean owners??? :puffy:
Regards,
Jay.

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
Jazz, actually there are signs of mould on the passenger seat and all over the steering wheel.....why I could not say but it shall be cleaned with a weak bleach solution prior to sale.
Sounds like a bit of a nuisance. Had the same thing happen with a works van that was not used for a couple of months once. We opened her up one day to get on the road and the cab was full of the stuff with no obvious cause.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
All's well that ends well. I wonder if perhaps the rusticated part just gave the mold a stronger foothold. More rough patches to grab on to as opposed to the mold free smooth part on the underside of the shank. Anyhow, best wishes for happy spring days in Cornwall with your resurrected pipe!

bannyc9

Might Stick Around
Apr 1, 2018
That looked nasty... Glad it worked out for you, especially if the pipe had meaning to you.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
The smooth part could have had a varnish or shellac applied to preserve the nomenclature better.
Seldom- You a fan of Sound of Music?? Are you in the Tyrol? And welcome to the forum!

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Thank you jpmcwjr! I was married in Tyrol but am living in the northwest of Germany now where some of my wife's family is from. The avatar is an advert by Vauen for their Enzian pipe. I think it's a little silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.