PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I still strongly believe that if anyone deserves to be out of stock it's SmokersHaven. How he still has Exotique on the shelf is beyond me. It's as fine a smoke as any I've ever had and there are MANY days I'd rate it as my favorite of all time. As I still willl likely purchase more, I suppose I am thankful it somehow remains under the radar.

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
Shortcut to Mushrooms. I very seldom can handle Latakia anymore, but the combination of Lat and Cavendish is heavenly to me. I salivate for this one sometimes.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
I'll throw down with a sister blend to Jackswilling's choice of Low Country Cooper.
I'm a big fan of Sykes Wilford and the late Craig Tarler's Low Country Black. It's Lat forward to be sure, but there's plenty of well chosen Virginias swirling around to make it more than an interesting smoke.
Still, it's one of those blends that fly so far under the radar I wonder/worry about sustainability. (If nobody's talking then who's going to buy?)
If these blends were art house films they'd be vanity movies produced by the Weinstein brothers. Oscar worthy and Oscar winners - but word of mouth will guarantee their financial success.
Fnord

aristokles

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2011
Hermit Tobacco's Captain Earl's Private Stock. Wish I had some now that this thread has reminded me.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I would also put Balkan Sasieni on that list. I remember quite a few derisive comments here a couple of years ago and couldn't, for the life of me, fathom why. It's a very enjoyable blend at a quite reasonable price.

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
I've already commented once but I feel the need to say it again since I feel so strongly. The perfect blend - GL Pease Navigator

Dec 24, 2012
Savinelli's Doblone d’Oro gets my vote
I do also think GL Pease's Navigator is underrated, but as I only have 6 lbs of the stuff and need to buy more, I will have to put it in the overrated category until I am fully stocked.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
I really don't hear enough about Navigator or Sextant, both are superb blends, and I fear have gotten a bit lost in the shuffle of new entries.

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
I see lots of 'highly rated' blends on this 'underated' thread! :D
Another I haven't seen mentioned is Brigham Klondike Gold. A lovely medium Virginia.

Status
Not open for further replies.