Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Alpha and Shalom made in Israel. Got a few and they are great smokers. Not as pretty as some though.

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
Check here:
http://desc.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=alpha+shalom&_sacat=4118&_odkw=&_osacat=4118&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313&LH_TitleDesc=1&_rdc=1

dd951

Can't Leave
Jun 18, 2010
I have A wally frank coming I won from ebay last weekend, I heally like the looks of the pipe, hope it smokes good.

rxman

Lurker
Jul 12, 2010
Wisconsin
Anyone heard about or own Neerup pipes. I own 6 of them presently, and not only reasonably priced, are exceptional smokers. Take care all

mlaug

May 23, 2010
Iowa
Neerups are Peder Jeppesen made pipes, I have pipes by stamped with P.Jeppesen, so while not Neerups...same thing.
I think Neerup is the family name, which is why he uses it. I'd have top go check that first, my memeory is kinda poor.
Peder makes great pipes and pays particular attention to the draw. Beautiful and technically perfect. That is why they are such great smokers.
I also think he learned pipe making under Erik and Nording, two other top notch Danish carvers.
Post some pics if you can! I love Danish pipes.
We can make the Pete lovers feel insignificant.

mlaug

May 23, 2010
Iowa
This is a pic of the Jeppesen.
JeppensenMedium.jpg

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
Mlaug wrote:

I also think he learned pipe making under Erik and Nording, two other top notch Danish carvers.
If I'm remembering right, Jeppesen started production on Neerups after Bjarne Nielsen died. Jeppesen was Bjarne's right hand man or something like that.

superdan

Lurker
Sep 28, 2010
with my experience being as limited as it is, i bought two cheap "basket pipes" the other day at my B&M and as far as i can tell they both smoke great! one is a Crown saddle bit 1/4 bent apple that i absolutely love! can't see any imperfections in the briar at all and the grain is beautiful (pics as soon as i can find my camera) and the other is a straight billiard that is stamped Roma, aparently this just means it's from rome, the stem is also stamped Italy so that makes sense. it has a few visible fills on the outside of the bowl, but for what i paid, and as much fun as it is to clench and smoke out and about, it's totally worth it

mlaug

May 23, 2010
Iowa
You might be right dudley, I'm not 100% sure of my facts now.
I know he bought the machinery from Nielsen's shop to start his own, but I didn't think he carved under him.
I need to go to Pipedia and find out for sure

searock

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2010
The most underrated pipe is the one you think smokes great but everyone else thinks isn't worth a damn.

thesandpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2010
WDC Wellingtons,especially the Jumbo W90. Huge reasonably priced copy of the Peterson Systems.I love them.
wdc2-444x600.jpg

philblum

Lurker
Oct 15, 2010
BBK, Swiss Made, to me are amongst the underrated pipes. They are not produced anymore for some years, but even as Estates they go quite cheaply. Not easy to find, but always welcome at my home!
Here's a pic of two BBK Pots (don't mind the Peterson tobaccos in the background though...)

attachment.php

Status
Not open for further replies.