Most Delicious Smoke With A Nasty Tin Smell?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahouston

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 27, 2020
Montreal
Hi!

I recently received my first pouch of Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic. The moment I put my nose in the pouch, I was convinced it was going to be disgusting. Smelled of cough syrup or some medicine from my childhood. I considered not even trying it!

Well when I lit it up, it became an instant favorite. Not to mention how smooth it smokes!

What are some tasty blends that give an off-putting tin note?

Alex

ahouston

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 27, 2020
Montreal
McClelland Virginia blends at first. They reek of Ketchup.

However, once your brain learns to associate that smell with fermented ripe VAs and the ensuing delicious smoke, you begin to actually not only love, but crave that musty vinegary stank of a freshly opened tin.
I usually smoke SG FVF and BB but I recently got Capstan Blue for the first time and thought it smelled of ketchup / McDonald's burgers!

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Hi!

I recently received my first pouch of Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic. The moment I put my nose in the pouch, I was convinced it was going to be disgusting. Smelled of cough syrup or some medicine from my childhood. I considered not even trying it!

Well when I lit it up, it became an instant favorite. Not to mention how smooth it smokes!

What are some tasty blends that give an off-putting tin note?

Alex
Wtf did you drink for cough syrup?! Glade plug-in?!?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Both Tabac-Manil Semois thick and medium cut, as well as C&D Bayou Night, among other blends, have a strong barnyard smell, a good clean smell as my grandparents used to remind me, not nasty. But methane and manure are definitely redolent in there ... and the smoke is lovely. As for SWR Aromatic, it is burley based, with Virginia as a condiment, flavored with three liqueurs. I think the liqueurs are the "cough syrup," so you probably wouldn't like those liqueurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.