Most Delicious Smoke With A Nasty Tin Smell?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

12 Fresh Dunhill Pipes
9 Fresh Caminetto Pipes
48 Fresh Neerup Pipes
12 Fresh Eltang Basic Pipes
18 Fresh Mastro Geppetto Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ahouston

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 27, 2020
Montreal
McClelland's gives off a very funky ketchup aroma to it. But as it was stated you quickly learn to get over that and enjoy their very mature flavors.
Interesting how McClelland has been quoted by two of you in the present tense but they've been OOP for what, 3 years? xD

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Motzek Tom's Dark Twist is the only blend I can think of fitting the description: smells very sour and musty, tastes divine.

Good question though, I can't recall a blend that smelled bad in the tin and also tasted bad other than Mississippi Mud, which to me smelled and tasted like cat poop and I'm not talking metaphorically or exaggerating for impact. All other blends I've smelled and smoked, no matter the genre are pleasant to smell.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
With tobacco I taste the tin note by drawing air from the tin with my mouth and blow it out my nose much like retrohaling. The taste is always extremely close to the taste of the smoke. I've only come across two tobaccos that disgusted me so badly that I had to throw them away in thirty years of smoking.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
With tobacco I taste the tin note by drawing air from the tin with my mouth and blow it out my nose much like retrohaling. The taste is always extremely close to the taste of the smoke. I've only come across two tobaccos that disgusted me so badly that I had to throw them away in thirty years of smoking.
Which two? In case of unwanted guests. — Asking for a friend.

rajangan

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
What's that autumn something blend that smells like maple but tastes mostly like burley and Virginia with only a hint of maple (thank God)? That one. Comes in one of those thin aluminum tins with the plastic lid. Didn't mind that at all.

Jun 18, 2020
Wilmington, NC
Motzek Tom's Dark Twist is the only blend I can think of fitting the description: smells very sour and musty, tastes divine.

Good question though, I can't recall a blend that smelled bad in the tin and also tasted bad other than Mississippi Mud, which to me smelled and tasted like cat poop and I'm not talking metaphorically or exaggerating for impact. All other blends I've smelled and smoked, no matter the genre are pleasant to smell.
Ummm... begs the question, how does one know what cat poop tastes like... asking for a friend ?

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Hi!

I recently received my first pouch of Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic. The moment I put my nose in the pouch, I was convinced it was going to be disgusting. Smelled of cough syrup or some medicine from my childhood. I considered not even trying it!

Well when I lit it up, it became an instant favorite. Not to mention how smooth it smokes!

What are some tasty blends that give an off-putting tin note?

Alex
Tuskegee Airmen smells like blue cheese and not in a good way. Has wonderful tobacco plum taste. I still don't know what the room note is like.

Status
Not open for further replies.