More New Forums Members Than Ever? Why Is That?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

geoffs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2022
Ontario
Just saw this posted on Twitter yesterday. Pipe tobacco is the fastest growing tobacco category in the US (table shows monthly growth).
Fs373eUX0AcKBEX (1).jpg

mbmoehl

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2022
Metro Detroit
I found this forum shortly after i picked the pipe up just under a year ago. Youtube was my first source for info on the hobby, but this forum came shortly after when the personalities on YT just weren't intriguing/educational enough to continue watching. At the moment, this is the only place i share my pipe experience with. There is a group here in the mitten that are discussing a get together (on this forum no less) that i contemplate joining. So far the experience on this forum has been very positive and i read it everyday and i appreciate that there are certain topics like politics that are off limits. However, i still feel like i'm playing in someone else's sandbox just due to the fact that there seems to be a stereotypical nature to pipe smokers that i just don't fit into. Well, other than being a white male with a mustache that is. I don't feel like i could openly share my personal views and life style here, which is ok, i'm here for the pipe hobby after all, but i feel like others are free to share more openly. There have been two instances where things i've read put me off to the point i thought about leaving the forum behind. I stay for a couple of reasons, the first being what i mentioned above, my only outlet for pipe smoking. The second is i realize we all have different viewpoints and i just need to chill out. My life style might be just as off putting to someone else and this forum is not the place to debate that. When it comes to the hobby, everyone here is friendly, knowledgeable or and often times humorous.....or is it humorous and often knowledgeable? Anyways, i still enjoy it and will stay as long i continue to.

wernerat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 10, 2023
Regarding out of the US. There are not that many active forums in the EU. So the natural choice is to go to the most active.
I've been on Forums since February 2013. I haven't been counting, but it seems there are more new member introductions than ever. Does this indicate an upsurge in pipe smoking, or is there some other factor? It also seems that about a third of new members are from outside the U.S. I'm intrigued, but I can't think of any contributing factors that would make this true. Ideas?

trudger

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2019
‘Burbs of Detroit
I found this forum shortly after i picked the pipe up just under a year ago. Youtube was my first source for info on the hobby, but this forum came shortly after when the personalities on YT just weren't intriguing/educational enough to continue watching. At the moment, this is the only place i share my pipe experience with. There is a group here in the mitten that are discussing a get together (on this forum no less) that i contemplate joining. So far the experience on this forum has been very positive and i read it everyday and i appreciate that there are certain topics like politics that are off limits. However, i still feel like i'm playing in someone else's sandbox just due to the fact that there seems to be a stereotypical nature to pipe smokers that i just don't fit into. Well, other than being a white male with a mustache that is. I don't feel like i could openly share my personal views and life style here, which is ok, i'm here for the pipe hobby after all, but i feel like others are free to share more openly. There have been two instances where things i've read put me off to the point i thought about leaving the forum behind. I stay for a couple of reasons, the first being what i mentioned above, my only outlet for pipe smoking. The second is i realize we all have different viewpoints and i just need to chill out. My life style might be just as off putting to someone else and this forum is not the place to debate that. When it comes to the hobby, everyone here is friendly, knowledgeable or and often times humorous.....or is it humorous and often knowledgeable? Anyways, i still enjoy it and will stay as long i continue to.
The ignore poster is a great feature!

Status
Not open for further replies.