PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
I am sorry. You are right I don't know anything about it. My opinion is just an opinion and no more.
We are each given free will and how we use it is up to us individually. Wishing you all the best and a Happy Holyday Season.
Don't be sorry, I should be. As always. You guys, I don't want to ruin any of your days or beliefs.
I'm just some drunk stumblebum with my own fucked up thoughts. You go on an believe in what I have forsaken.

Live happily, always enjoy!

People can say what they want, but life without a spiritual component is a life less lived. Listening to you, you if I understand you correctly, you have battled depression and other demons for years. Pills and psychology can only do so much. This really is where Jesus or a true spiritual connection is necessary. I am not preaching at you and I do understand what you are saying. It’s simply that our society does not offer the final leg of the stool. You have to find that one, but it is there.

I like to believe in Jesus and all that stuff, wouldn't it be nice? But some Abrahamic desert religion doesn't work for this particular heretic and pagan soul. But I do want to believe, I just can't. The Gods will know this when I die, they will know that my heart is full of good for any man or women. I just can't blindly believe.
They will see and know, at least I hope so. I really do.

But I want to add that I never took any pills, never! I don't even take anything against headaches.
To me the pharma is a part of the devil, the Moloch. I trust nature, the plants. They're neither pro nor contra, they're exactly what they are. Perfect chaos, all where it has to be. No speculations, no room for interpretations.

Mushrooms will teach everything, they are the wisest on this Earth. Look into it.
I'm not some druggie or hippie either, but learn up about mushrooms, mycelium.
This season fits, read up on the Amanita muscaria and its place in culture. All red with white sprinkles,
just like a Christmas present. Religion? Drugs!

1 PcyxmHZtfVURuijnIDe2Eg.jpeg

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Don't be sorry, I should be. As always. You guys, I don't want to ruin any of your days or beliefs.
I'm just some drunk stumblebum with my own fucked up thoughts. You go on an believe in what I have forsaken.

Live happily, always enjoy!

I like to believe in Jesus and all that stuff, wouldn't it be nice? But some Abrahamic desert religion doesn't work for this particular heretic and pagan soul. But I do want to believe, I just can't. The Gods will know this when I die, they will know that my heart is full of good for any man or women. I just can't blindly believe.
They will see and know, at least I hope so. I really do.

But I want to add that I never took any pills, never! I don't even take anything against headaches.
To me the pharma is a part of the devil, the Moloch. I trust nature, the plants. They're neither pro nor contra, they're exactly what they are. Perfect chaos, all where it has to be. No speculations, no room for interpretations.

Mushrooms will teach everything, they are the wisest on this Earth. Look into it.
I'm not some druggie or hippie either, but learn up about mushrooms, mycelium.
This season fits, read up on the Amanita muscaria and its place in culture. All red with white sprinkles,
just like a Christmas present. Religion? Drugs!

View attachment 185510
Shrooms make the case to our mind that something bigger than ourselves is out there. Like shrooms, faith is not about intelligence or intellect. But that doesn’t mean having a faith is any less of importance just because it doesn’t make the case via observable scrutiny via science. Neither does the insight gained via hallucinogenic compounds. I would encourage you to continue to question the value of what is life and what constitutes a complete life. Insight and knowledge and understanding that is physical, intellectual, and spiritual need to be all in place and fully accessible in order for one to truly find joy. Faith is an aspect of the latter. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts. The road to happiness is not paved via memes or simple instruction. It is a process and a journey. You are still young. Very young. It’s okay to be frustrated at this point in your journey. That’s why we have a lifetime.

boston

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2018
Boston
Miscreants are and have been part of the scenery forever. I believe that progress happens, and have seen a great deal of it I'm my life. Horror vacui. Things generally come around when folks stop paying attention to the loons on the fringes. And when we step up and tell the loons that they are loons. That's still ok. And when let law enforcement bust the bad guys. The perps will likely get put behind bars. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Briar Lee

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Miscreants are and have been part of the scenery forever. I believe that progress happens, and have seen a great deal of it I'm my life. Horror vacui. Things generally come around when folks stop paying attention to the loons on the fringes. And when we step up and tell the loons that they are loons. That's still ok. And when let law enforcement bust the bad guys. The perps will likely get put behind bars. Fingers crossed.
if they're just vandals the hope is they brag about it. If they have some agenda they will probably say something about it.

Reactions: Briar Lee

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I know that area a little. Low density. Horse farms. Southern Pines has a statewide art center, and Pinehurst is a high end golf resort city.

I'd say the perp has worked with a power company somewhere and knows something about security. None of the shells had fingerprints. Still, you don't have to leave much of a trail to leave something behind.

I presume the feds are all over social media to pick up a trail. That's a lot of noise to sift.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
I know that area a little. Low density. Horse farms. Southern Pines has a statewide art center, and Pinehurst is a high end golf resort city.

I'd say the perp has worked with a power company somewhere and knows something about security. None of the shells had fingerprints. Still, you don't have to leave much of a trail to leave something behind.

I presume the feds are all over social media to pick up a trail. That's a lot of noise to sift.
When I was in college I was a security guard with the college police, and the number of bomb threats was incredible.

The procedure was to quietly search the building the bomb was threatened to be, then go on with living. I can’t remember an investigation, much less catching anyone. I was told that years before all the police and fire vehicles were called, but that encouraged too many prank bomb threats.

The potential of sabotaging local power grids for a week using a $400 rifle there are maybe a hundred million of out there is catnip for all the crazies.

Let’s hope this craziness isn’t contagious.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Unconfirmed rumor (as read in a non-mm news site) has it that someone wanted to stop a tranny strip show at a local club ... it is now being alleged by some to be a transphobic event.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Unconfirmed rumor (as read in a non-mm news site) has it that someone wanted to stop a tranny strip show at a local club ... it is now being alleged by some to be a transphobic event.
That might be the motive, except the typical homophobic bubba or religious holly roller isn’t famous for their intelligence and cleverness, and there were two substations hit, 10 miles apart.

Most acts of vandalism are by teenagers. The cure Is they grow up.

This perp, knew how to shut off the grid for a long time, and get away with it.

It was planned well in advance, scouted, and executed so that they’d get away with it.

Maybe they didn’t like drag shows.

But that might be a blind alley.

filmguerilla

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2022
Memphis, Tennessee
Looking like this is the case here. A lot of chatter from far right groups on social media about hitting that specific substation to prevent a drag show from taking place right before it happened. You just have to shake your head at these types at this point.

Reactions: sablebrush52

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
You guys are taking this too seriously. Shit will happen. Always has and always will. Look at the bright side. You are alive and there is always hope. Yeah, hope sucks, but better than giving up. Winter of 93, I was driving up from Atlanta to RTP. Took off at 1800. Should have taken 6 hours or so. Around 2200, I was near NC/SC state line and my Olds gave out. Then whole area blacked out. Called the auto club, and my father. Waited 30 min for the tow truck to come pick me up. Out of tow truck two guys jumped out. Turkey and Rambo. Their real names. One was a huge black guy, other was white guy. Both had one of those outfit you only see on hillbilly movies. Thick southern accent. As soon as they near me, they asked if I wanted some chew. Then hitch up my car and started driving. Once I got in the cab, I noticed a shotgun on the driver seat. Rambo picked up and said "security". When we got to their garage, it was straight out of horror movie. Rundown house with front porch with two rocking chair and more shotguns. They invited me to seat and asked if I wanted some drink. Said I was fine and lit a smoke. I asked what's up with black out. Turkey said "some drunk ran into a power line and took out the whole area". I was rather nervous for next hour and a half until my father came. See? Hope :)

Status
Not open for further replies.