PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
I sincerely hope there was a motive for this attack or the perpetrators were disgruntled employees.

Because if this is just vandalism for the sake of vandalism there is no stopping it.

There are countless power substations like in Moore County and no possible way, to guard them all.

It’s even been attempted before.

Folks should behave themselves, you know?

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Cameras are efficient. And, no doubt they'll brag about it. They'll be caught. No need to despair.
The perpetrator of the 2013 Metcalf attack hasn’t been caught yet, and they shot 17 transformers.

This perp knew where to shoot out the local power grid, for a week. Instead of transformers, they shot exactly the right things in a substation.

There likely were lots of cameras, on a substation. It didn’t stop them.

Let’s hope it was somebody who had a reason to do it. They are likely to get caught.

But since nobody died, if it was done just for the jollies of doing it, it may never be solved.

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
This is nothing. Let me live another 30 years and I'll be able to report horrors that are far out and beyond.
I'm 33 years old and I already yearn for death. The biggest adventure and pleasure I'll ever have amongst this degenerated and perverted thing that calls itself mankind.
Look at how mankind treats itself right now in general. Take all this information of the past and current and try to have an objective picture of the future.

What future? The least I can hope for is that apocalyptic event that awaits the Earth every 13.000 years.
And then we will start again, ending up were we are now. Maybe even going a step further but always failing.
Mankind is doomed. We will never amount to anything. We are a pest to this planet and ourselves, to each other.

Maybe one day some God will show himself and show us. Until then, profit of some kind. Ego all the way until then.
Damn us, damn us all. The devils are dancing in the streets and we are playing their song.

You can have a thread about such things every week. That's us, mankind.
May the Gods help us, may they doom us. Whatever... Anything but this. Release us already!

Anything but this. I hate it.

• Wow
Reactions: anotherbob

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
This is nothing. Let me live another 30 years and I'll be able to report horrors that are far out and beyond.
I'm 33 years old and I already yearn for death. The biggest adventure and pleasure I'll ever have amongst this degenerated and perverted thing that calls itself mankind.
Look at how mankind treats itself right now in general. Take all this information of the past and current and try to have an objective picture of the future.

What future? The least I can hope for is that apocalyptic event that awaits the Earth every 13.000 years.
And then we will start again, ending up were we are now. Maybe even going a step further but always failing.
Mankind is doomed. We will never amount to anything. We are a pest to this planet and ourselves, to each other.

Maybe one day some God will show himself and show us. Until then, profit of some kind. Ego all the way until then.
Damn us, damn us all. The devils are dancing in the streets and we are playing their song.

You can have a thread about such things every week. That's us, mankind.
May the Gods help us, may they doom us. Whatever... Anything but this. Release us already!

Anything but this. I hate it.
I’ve lived twice as long and the beauty and joy that radiate from so many outshine any darkness that may cross my path. The still small voice heard in the cave is louder than the thunder of the storm outside- if we allow ourselves to listen. Goodness sprouts from within and like a plant, it is drawn to the light.

Chaukisch

Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
I’ve lived twice as long and the beauty and joy that radiate from so many outshine any darkness that may cross my path. The still small voice heard in the cave is louder than the thunder of the storm outside- if we allow ourselves to listen. Goodness sprouts from within and like a plant, it is drawn to the light.
I never planned to live that long but good on you, man! I hope I'll get another drive of live if I ever reach your kind of age.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
There must be some natural inclination to commit vandalism that’s existed since earliest times. The ruins of Pompeii contain graffiti on public spaces.

Even in little out of the way places like Fair Play and Dunnegan, Missouri, vandals will break out the windows of abandoned buildings unless boarded up.

There’s some kind of a little substation across from the home I grew up in. My mother turned down $500 but the neighbor gladly accepted it, and there’s this big steel box across the road now.

I hope vandalizing the grid doesn’t get popular.

Who knows how many targets of opportunity there are out there to shoot, you know?

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
I'm 33 years old and I already yearn for death.
Seriously Chaukisch ... try a lighter tobacco !! You're too young to have that attitude. Stay off the internet except for this site, get some counseling, find a woman, find some joy, whatever you do don't give in to despair because that's what evil wants and needs to win. Get angry and start fighting back with memes.
Dude, you smoke a pipe ! They can't affect your attitude unless you let them ! Live happy and piss them off !!! ---- Just my 2 cents having had to put up with a lot of dottle in life.

Chaukisch

Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
Seriously Chaukisch ... try a lighter tobacco !! You're too young to have that attitude. Stay off the internet except for this site, get some counseling, find a woman, find some joy, whatever you do don't give in to despair because that's what evil wants and needs to win. Get angry and start fighting back with memes.
Dude, you smoke a pipe ! They can't affect your attitude unless you let them ! Live happy and piss them off !!! ---- Just my 2 cents having had to put up with a lot of dottle in life.
It's no use, I have dazzled many trained psychologists with my thoughts. And believe me, I've met plenty.
I spent a whole year in a looney bin.
They don't know how to handle ego death or any sort of thought that goes into that direction.
They're all very much incompetent, they have no idea what it's like. They all sat there with that stupid gaze, blabbing about the usual crap. "Wouldn't it be nice for you, wouldn't you rather have this and that".

They sell shit, what am I supposed to be left with when even the trained motherless fucks don't have anything to say about anything? It's all a farce to me, this whole thing of life. And seriously, what do you or anyone else know about it? I don't want to knock you or any member of this form but hell, what the fuck is left?
This problem has so many aspects of facets all over.

Apparently all that is left for me is to think less. And that's accompanied by drinking and drugging myself out of this reality. Maybe one day I'll be braindead enough to get a grip. But until then it's hellfire. This is punishment.

This, right here. This is hell! Every fucking day.

He fucking knows:

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer

All those appreciated old school nazis from Operation Paperclip. Don't get me started.
Lead poisoning, downwinders...

View attachment 185502
People can say what they want, but life without a spiritual component is a life less lived. Listening to you, you if I understand you correctly, you have battled depression and other demons for years. Pills and psychology can only do so much. This really is where Jesus or a true spiritual connection is necessary. I am not preaching at you and I do understand what you are saying. It’s simply that our society does not offer the final leg of the stool. You have to find that one, but it is there.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
People can say what they want, but life without a spiritual component is a life less lived. Listening to you, you if I understand you correctly, you have battled depression and other demons for years. Pills and psychology can only do so much. This really is where Jesus or a true spiritual connection is necessary. I am not preaching at you and I do understand what you are saying. It’s simply that our society does not offer the final leg of the stool. You have to find that one, but it is there.
or at least seeing how much bigger life is then you or me or even the society we're living through at the moment. And appreciating how superfluous it truly is, how much it's a gift and one that hasn't really ever been promised.

Status
Not open for further replies.