PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

briarbuda48

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2013
Texas
I would smoke it. I have had moldy tobacco on two occasions that I recall. Neither time did it look like this.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
This is mold ... growing on a pouch of Rich Dark Flake. I cut away the mold and smoked the rest. You can rest easy--yours isn't mold, not by a long shot.
IMG_0420.JPG

Tom Sawtooth

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 25, 2021
Romania
An update is in order I fired tonight a bowl and it was a good smoke from start to finish.After placing the contents of the tin in a jar I could get a better trace of the whiskey casing so in this case it was not mold.I would like to extend my gratitude to you Gentleman for helping me in this matter.

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
I'm sure you've smoked it or tossed it by now, but that is normal for Sammy G and G&H flakes.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Good evening Gentlemen.

Few days ago I managed to obtain a tin of Samuel Gawith - Bothy Flake but after I cracked it Open the flakes looks like this.Is it mold ?

View attachment 199480

View attachment 199481
There is no way to tell if it is mold by smelling, touching, prodding, licking or making small talk with it.
But since this is how SG flakes often appear, and nobody (that we know of) has ever died from smoking moldy SG flakes, I'd say that you are A-OK to stuff it in your pipe and move on to things that really should be worrying you. Like "will John Cotton's Smyrna ever be available again?"

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
There is no way to tell if it is mold by smelling, touching, prodding, licking or making small talk with it.
But since this is how SG flakes often appear, and nobody (that we know of) has ever died from smoking moldy SG flakes, I'd say that you are A-OK to stuff it in your pipe and move on to things that really should be worrying you. Like "will John Cotton's Smyrna ever be available again?"
John Cotton's Smegma will never be available again due to Mr. Cotton's discovery of indoor bathing and EPH (Enhanced Personal Hygiene)

• Haha
Reactions: woodsroad