PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brooklynpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2018
..... quite a lot. Does anyone else have anything hairy to report? Crack a new tin everyone.

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
I swear it's something about plugs and crumble cakes being more prone to mold than ribbons and flakes. People usually want to say mold is a C&D problem (and maybe it is), but I think at least part of the reason is that C&D makes a lot of cakes and loose plugs.
Seems like lately the moldies have been Briar Fox, JKP, Triple Play, etc. If somebody gets a molded tin of Black Frigate we might have a riot on our hands...

ekert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2018
On another forum one member encountered mold in several flakes and cakes but also in Star of the East and Haddo's Delight, both of which are ribbon cut.
I am just praying that Jeremy added extra anti-mold agents to the Small Batch Carolina Red as I've been picking up quite a few tins on the secondary market (currently have 80ish cellared). It's a fantastic blend and should age wonderfully, I just hope I don't end up throwing my money away.

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
Wasn't planning to open the new tin of Bayou Morning for a few months but guess it's happening now.

Status
Not open for further replies.