PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uprightman

Might Stick Around
Aug 26, 2019
Central Pennsylvania
Of what I’ve seen mentioned here I’ve tried Pegasus, and haunted bookshop. I greatly enjoy haunted bookshop. I just ordered some Chatham Manor and hope to really enjoy it. Other than that I have not tried much of the codger blends.

Reactions: J.GANDY

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
I like C&D Three Friars as my codger blend. Quite zesty so go slow as with many blends from C&D! Inexpensive and sold in bulk. My mouth chemistry doesn’t handle perique too well but this blend satisfies if sipped.

J.GANDY

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 12, 2020
Savannah,Georgia
Of what I’ve seen mentioned here I’ve tried Pegasus, and haunted bookshop. I greatly enjoy haunted bookshop. I just ordered some Chatham Manor and hope to really enjoy it. Other than that I have not tried much of the codger blends.
Chatham manor is pretty good I think you will enjoy it!

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I would agree with the Amphora lines and the basic MacBarens - not the HH line. I might also add Stokkebye Natural Dutch Cavendish and Sutliff Virginia Slices.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
Mac Baren makes codger blends?? That's the first time I've heard that claim. I mean yeah they have a lot of aros but let's not get carried away.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Yes but only for the last few years. They're not really Mac Baren blends any more than Royal Yacht is a Peterson blend. None of the traditional Mac Baren blends are OTC (at least by U.S. standards). I'd consider them the epitome of Danish tobacco style, which is a whole other world.
True enough.

Reactions: J.GANDY

tradition

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 27, 2018
Connecticut, USA
Yes but only for the last few years. They're not really Mac Baren blends any more than Royal Yacht is a Peterson blend. None of the traditional Mac Baren blends are OTC (at least by U.S. standards). I'd consider them the epitome of Danish tobacco style, which is a whole other world.

Amphora Virginia is a Mac Baren blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.