PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I've been using wood putty to repair all the cracks on my cobs for years. Some were superficial, and some you could fit a nickle through it. If you have any available, just pack some in the hole, wait a day and smoke.

And don't listen to those who say "just buy a new one". I get it, I'll keep repairing my legend untill it no longer holds any tobacco in it.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
I believe it. When you don't earn something, it's less of a priority to you, I suppose. My buddy's a cigar smoker, but expressed interest so I lent him the pipe I thought you couldn't screw up. Ended up telling me cigars are easier, minimal relights and all, which I tried to explain happens when you pack the pipe well, but laziness prevails, yet again.
I've bought a dozen clay pipes for when someone asks if they could 'borrow' a pipe. [They cost a couple of dollars each. I paint the end with nail polish to look like a glazed tip, to stop a lip from sticking to the clay]
My usual response is 'Would you also like to borrow my toothbrush while you're at it?'
No, I don't particularly want anyone drooling into my pipe nor leaving toothmarks or chatter . So I simply give them a clay pipe and say 'Keep it'.

I've got quite a collection of NOS antique briars that I give to good mates if they're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.