PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clovis

Lurker
Jun 8, 2020
Put a hole through my MM Country Gentlemen that I lent out and got back the other day. I was hoping for an addition to my pipe collection, as opposed to back to status quo. Any assistance with getting this pipe back in order? Thanks!

Clovis

Clovis

Lurker
Jun 8, 2020
Put a hole through my MM Country Gentlemen that I lent out and got back the other day. I was hoping for an addition to my pipe collection, as opposed to back to status quo. Any assistance with getting this pipe back in order? Thanks!

Clovis

Attachments

• 15975245752974782683173895137787.jpg
    15975245752974782683173895137787.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 8

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
Drill it out all the way to the same size as a hardwood dowel. Cut off a short piece and instal flush with the bottom of the inside with Elmers wood glue, sand flush on the bottom outside and done!

Clovis

Lurker
Jun 8, 2020
Although the Pipemud link description leaves much to be desired:

"We chose to pull our original "Miracle PIPE Mud" from the market after the FDA Deeming Regs were clarified, due to its use of tobacco ash from premium cigars. Additionally, we felt that recommending the product for use as "pipe mud" might also cause issues, so we are bringing to market a new and improved product that we are absolutely not recommending for use in smoking pipes. Please note that just like our previous recipe the new mud formula contains several proprietary ingredients including talc and gypsum."

Don't care much as I understand I will die in the future regardless, but criminently I'm not so sure this is what I need currently

Reactions: kurtbob and ray47

Clovis

Lurker
Jun 8, 2020
I'll just keep a bunch of cigar ash collected, I've got idiot friends. What should one mix with such a substance to recreate the mud

Reactions: ray47

Clovis

Lurker
Jun 8, 2020
LOL perhaps not that hXc, but using one of those Czech pipe tool pokers to pull some old, wet tobaccy remnants, and it pushed right through the sponge of the "hardwood"

No matter! I am excited to wait six months to accrue enough cigar ash and make the paste for it to come back into my fold. Ah, the little things..

Thanks for the help, all!

Clovis

Reactions: BROBS

ron123

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 28, 2015
Park Ridge, IL
Never heard this prior to last night, but apparently you shouldn't smoke a cob to the bottom. This was from Phil Morgan of Missouri Meerschaum on the Great Lakes Smoke Show.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Funny how long lasting and durable MM cobs are with a little bit of consideration. Loaning out anything can be the end of it. My family rented out the grand old family home place -- L-shaped front porch, front parlor, cozy inner living room, ancient oriental rugs. It took a family of four about two months to trash the place permanently, tearing out the curved bannister to the staircase in the front room, and so on from there. It's good to be generous, but wise to know when it is a write-off. This was a grad student and his young family -- educated but not civilized apparently.

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
LOL perhaps not that hXc, but using one of those Czech pipe tool pokers to pull some old, wet tobaccy remnants, and it pushed right through the sponge of the "hardwood"

No matter! I am excited to wait six months to accrue enough cigar ash and make the paste for it to come back into my fold. Ah, the little things..

Thanks for the help, all!

Clovis
That’s crazy. I’ve been smoking cob pipes for years and never had the hardwood plug go soggy. I wonder what brought that on. Oh well, at least you have an excuse to fire up some sticks. Even though you can buy a new Country Gent for the price of one or two decent cigars. ?

Clovis

Lurker
Jun 8, 2020
I believe it. When you don't earn something, it's less of a priority to you, I suppose. My buddy's a cigar smoker, but expressed interest so I lent him the pipe I thought you couldn't screw up. Ended up telling me cigars are easier, minimal relights and all, which I tried to explain happens when you pack the pipe well, but laziness prevails, yet again.

Status
Not open for further replies.