PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
My mistake. It's not MM. I don't know why, but I was thinking of Kershaw knives and their website giving choice to choose American made or other country. Got my thoughts crossed. My apologies.
Just so everything is absolutely clear, I inquired with MM and received this response:

“All of the components in all of our pipes, except the acrylic bits, are made in the USA. We only have one manufacturing plant and that is in Washington Missouri where all of our corn cob pipes are made. We take great pride in being an All American Company!

“There are some corn cob pipes coming in from China and they are exactly what you would expect a Chinese product to be. We are in no way affiliated with or related to those pipes.

“When you get a Missouri Meerschaum pipe, you may rest assured that you are buying an American made product.”

Thanks!
Marilyn
Missouri Meerschaum Co.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
How long do cobs last? If you smoke them regularly, whatever that may be. Once, twice a week, maybe more? What do you get a years use? I don’t know.
The only time I cob is when puffing on a blend I don’t want to ghost a briar with.
A corn cob pipe can last years if you take care of them.

Old Dominion makes cob pipes, as do other vendors. Just check Amazon. Here is an example.

Reactions: Briar Tuck
Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
How long do cobs last? If you smoke them regularly, whatever that may be. Once, twice a week, maybe more? What do you get a years use? I don’t know.
The only time I cob is when puffing on a blend I don’t want to ghost a briar with.

My oldest is about 23 years old, and some members have much older ones. Of course, I've had new ones burn themselves out right away, so there's some luck to it. :)

Bob the bear

Can't Leave
Apr 2, 2022
Edinburgh UK
Wasn't there a German firm making cobs at some point? I'm sitting here with my country gentlemen which was kindly gifted to me by Huckleberry (forum member) and some Lakeland dark and it's simply superb. For 12 bucks. Can't beat that. I have another country gentlemen which I bought more recently (because I like them so much) and it's a little chubbier around the center) I put it down to variations in the corn itself. still just as good

B.Fee

Lifer
Nov 28, 2019
Honolulu / Colorado
I was rambling around the country side last weekend. I came across a lovely farm. There was a small shed with a large pile of corn cobs next to it. If anyone is interested I could give you directions. I’m sure they’d be happy if someone hauled them away.
I think the small shed is an outhouse and the pile of cobs is for finishing up business. 🤙

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
I’ve had one recently that MM went a little heavy on the glue inside the bowl, but it was a $5.99 Missouri Pride and the retailer more than made up for it when I asked about it.
All these newer ones are kind of rotated, and get multiple blends/bowls a day. No complaints here…

The bottom is my father’s Freehand from the late 60’s that he got at IwanRies in ChiTown that I’ve brought back to service after about 50yrs of “resting”.17C5CCC7-8722-4086-B58F-88D960EC3C7A.jpeg

ADKPiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 13, 2020
Adirondack Mountains
They are a disposable asset.
If I smoke the same blend in them and just knock them out they last. But if I scrape them out I dig a hole through the bottom. So I tend to buy them 4 or 5 at a time

Reactions: vientanh