PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allan smedley

Lurker
May 18, 2020
So going threw my tobacco stash found a pouch of Capt. Black Royal and a pouch of Prince albert 3yrs old. Only had one bowl for hydrating. So I mixed them together and both came back to life. It smokes and tastes fairly decent. Was a little surprised, smoked a couple of bowls its really not bad. Anyone else into mixing blends? Cheers!!

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
There’s nothing wrong with experimenting either. I occasionally mix Arango Balkan Supreme with C&D Bayou Night. Balkan Supreme is one of my favorite blends, but sometimes I like a little Perique with it. Very tasty combo in my opinion. The other day I mixed Peterson’s Irish Flake with PS Luxury Navy Flake. It was good also.

Reactions: Allan smedley

Dandy Pipesmoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2020
Switzerland
The only mix that worked for me is the "Cosmic Twist" 50% Navy Flake and 50% Twist Flake (both from the Peter Stokkebye Luxury line).

For me it means that by mixing two tobaccos, that alone don't tell me much, I get something better.

stogie37

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 24, 2012
Southport, North Carolina
I do this fairly often as well. I keep a running journal of blends in my rotation, and after smoking half a tin or so, if a blend is just not a standout, or is “too much” in some way, I shift it to my blending list. Here’s a few combos that have turned out well for me: (I name them too - just to exercise my creative whim!)

Old LaGoblin- equal parts Pease LaGonda & Peterson Old Dublin

Bayou Hound- 60% C&D Bayou Night & 40% Pinkerton Era Granger. (This one really surprised me!)

Yale Dropout- 50% C&D Yale Mixure + 25% Dunhill the Aperitf + 25% Pease Samarra

I’m currently toying with blending Ashton Consummate Gentlemen with something... maybe some Sutliff Balkan II or some old Hearth & Home Namaste’

I’ve had more wins than losers, but I’m pretty picky about what gets blended. My “leftover” bin mixtures have been more passable than pleasurable.

Reactions: Allan smedley
Status
Not open for further replies.