PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

stokesdale

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
I think thats why they took them down. I saw one online store renamed them. I forgot the name of the site but the guy is a big Cob guy. Catchy name that I cant remember
I don't think they took them down because of that (although I could be wrong)...they took down Belle Starr too and although I think she rode with James, I don't think she has the same past as he did. I think they just did away with the label of that style altogether and are now just calling it the 'Patriot'...i.e., quicker, cheaper, easier to inventory, less cost. Again, though, I could be wrong.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I don't think they took them down because of that (although I could be wrong)...they took down Belle Starr too and although I think she rode with James, I don't think she has the same past as he did. I think they just did away with the label of that style altogether and are now just calling it the 'Patriot'...i.e., quicker, cheaper, easier to inventory, less cost. Again, though, I could be wrong.
They still have the Cole Younger.

eljimmy

Lifer
Jan 3, 2021
Los Angeles, California
You're right, the Cole Younger Pipe is still available

Reactions: Chasing Embers

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
If you are really into civil war/confederate history like I am (you can tell because my picture is of the "CSS" HL Hunley), you may want to buy the Cole Younger one, and find you a Belle Starr somewhere and keep all three as a collection just for the hell of it.
Had they made a Tombstone collection, I would've bought them out.

eljimmy

Lifer
Jan 3, 2021
Los Angeles, California
If you are really into civil war/confederate history like I am (you can tell because my picture is of the "CSS" HL Hunley), you may want to buy the Cole Younger one, and find you a Belle Starr somewhere and keep all three as a collection just for the hell of it.
Maybe. As if I need more pipes. Hahaha! Aristocob was the guy that renamed them on his site. Apparently some people were offended by it

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
01_Lee-NWDNS-245-MS-2634L.jpg
Amen brother. We see it.

Reactions: FurCoat
Aug 1, 2012
I really miss their maple pipes. They had some great shapes and they smoked remarkably well. If I could find a small cache of unsmoked or lightly smoked ones, I'd find a way to buy it.

Reactions: FurCoat and BROBS

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
Love my General. It's probably my most smoked MM. The one complaint I have about a number of MMs is that they tend to have smaller bowls, but the General has a generous bowl that packs easily. I suppose my next step should probably be picking up a MacArthur.

Reactions: eljimmy and BROBS
Aug 1, 2012
I just got one not too long ago from MM. They have the Great Dane maple for $13.59 in stock.
Thanks for that! I'll be ordering a few in a minute or two. I've been stalking their site for a couple years waiting for these to come back. Maybe I just had bad timing or something but this just made a bad day at work much better.

Reactions: BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Love my General. It's probably my most smoked MM. The one complaint I have about a number of MMs is that they tend to have smaller bowls, but the General has a generous bowl that packs easily. I suppose my next step should probably be picking up a MacArthur.
Have you guys tried the Mark Twain cob?