PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

eljimmy

Lifer
Jan 3, 2021
Los Angeles, California
I really want a General at some point. It looks like a fun pipe to have.

"For a great low rate you can get online, go to the general and save some time." That's what the title had me thinking though...
Hahaha! Made me think the same thing.

In all honesty, coming from the cigar world, the pipe realm is definitely different. I am complete a fan of Nicaraguan Cigars which are flavor bombs so when I first started smoking pipes it didn't have the kick I was used to from the cigars I smoke but now I've learned to look for the flavor in pipe tobacco and I'm starting to appreciate it. I for sure like this pipe because it'll give me a longer smoke. Maybe I smoke too fast for the smaller pipes but I don't like when its over quick. lol

stokesdale

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
Thanks to reading a bit on here I read this was someones favorite pipe. I went on the site and saw the dimensions on it, ordered a couple and damn glad I did. Good size chamber for a good smoke!View attachment 61974
It's really hard to go wrong with an MM...if you don't like it, it's not like you are out a ton of money...but I have personally never had one I didn't like.

eljimmy

Lifer
Jan 3, 2021
Los Angeles, California
It's really hard to go wrong with an MM...if you don't like it, it's not like you are out a ton of money...but I have personally never had one I didn't like.
I agree, I have a few now, some unused because I'm fairly new at this so I'm practicing the technique. Purchased a few tins of different types and I'm really digging the ride.

stokesdale

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
I agree, I have a few now, some unused because I'm fairly new at this so I'm practicing the technique. Purchased a few tins of different types and I'm really digging the ride.
Back when I started...well before the internet was invented, all we had to choose from around where I live in NC was Dr. Grabow (because they're made only about an hour or so away from here) and a couple of MM styles sold at the local hardware store of all places. It's amazing now how many pipes there are to choose from these days.

eljimmy

Lifer
Jan 3, 2021
Los Angeles, California
Back when I started...well before the internet was invented, all we had to choose from around where I live in NC was Dr. Grabow (because they're made only about an hour or so away from here) and a couple of MM styles sold at the local hardware store of all places. It's amazing now how many pipes there are to choose from these days.
So many choices for sure. Guess we're all a little spoiled now with the internet