Feb 14, 2021
South Florida
1378a4e1-742f-4e69-adbb-bb7dd34816e1.jpg

MC-955 - AND Meerschaum Pipes - https://meerschaum.com/product/MC-955

The dimensions are as follows:
Pipe LengthBowl HeightChamber WidthChamber Depth
4 1/4 "1 1/2 "5/8 "1 1/4 "
10.9 cm3.8 cm1.6 cm3.1 cm

I am used to small pipes. This one is a little bit smaller than my smallest briars, but not by much. I am pretty sure it's bigger than my clay pipe. It'll be good for smoking my dark bird's eye shag. I would imagine that these smaller meers will color faster. Should be interesting.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Is it block meerschaum? How's it coloring???
AND claims them to be block. It’s barely mottled-hasn’t seen so much use since I got my fleabay meer.
I did just send them an email to see if I could get another stem, I’d like to make one straight (to fit better in my 2 pipe pouch I take to work) and drill airway. Billiards need straight stems😉
If I carry it at work it’ll get smoked much more often, and hopefully color a bit more.BAEC201F-7F05-4EED-97C3-9432B26182E2.jpeg

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
View attachment 212415

MC-955 - AND Meerschaum Pipes - https://meerschaum.com/product/MC-955

The dimensions are as follows:
Pipe LengthBowl HeightChamber WidthChamber Depth
4 1/4 "1 1/2 "5/8 "1 1/4 "
10.9 cm3.8 cm1.6 cm3.1 cm

I am used to small pipes. This one is a little bit smaller than my smallest briars, but not by much. I am pretty sure it's bigger than my clay pipe. It'll be good for smoking my dark bird's eye shag. I would imagine that these smaller meers will color faster. Should be interesting.
With my mini Altinay, I'm starting to think that a pipe with a huge chamber smoked 10 times colors faster than a small meer smoked 50!

Zamora

Can't Leave
Mar 15, 2023
Olympia, Washington
Just smoked my mini meer tonight. Had a bowl of SWR then another of Half & Half. Not sure those two are the best for coloring with how dry they are, but I can always smoke other stuff. Tastes very clean and lights up super quick, I don't even need to move the lighter at all. The bowl is just big enough for a Czech tool tamper, I ordered a nicer tamper with air holes off Amazon so I can tamp without snuffing it out.

aspiring_sage

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2021
West of the Twin Cities, MN
Just smoked my mini meer tonight. Had a bowl of SWR then another of Half & Half. Not sure those two are the best for coloring with how dry they are, but I can always smoke other stuff. Tastes very clean and lights up super quick, I don't even need to move the lighter at all. The bowl is just big enough for a Czech tool tamper, I ordered a nicer tamper with air holes off Amazon so I can tamp without snuffing it out.
FWIW: I wouldn’t let coloring affect my tobacco choice.

kgs

Might Stick Around
Feb 14, 2021
South Florida
My mini meer arrived this week.

IMG_0322.jpegIMG_0324.jpeg

I am really impressed with the craftsmanship on this $20 pipe. The bowl is ever so slightly out of round on the upper part of the rear left, but I don't care on such a cheap pipe. The drilling is not perfect, but pretty damn good considering the price point. I've seen much worse on expensive pipes. Very nice that it comes with a custom case.

It is really tiny so it will be perfect for shorter smokes. It is incredible how light meerschaum is. I will probably get around to smoking it sometime this weekend.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
My mini meer arrived this week.

View attachment 213404View attachment 213405

I am really impressed with the craftsmanship on this $20 pipe. The bowl is ever so slightly out of round on the upper part of the rear left, but I don't care on such a cheap pipe. The drilling is not perfect, but pretty damn good considering the price point. I've seen much worse on expensive pipes. Very nice that it comes with a custom case.

It is really tiny so it will be perfect for shorter smokes. It is incredible how light meerschaum is. I will probably get around to smoking it sometime this weekend.
Wow, I'd gladly pay $20 for a pipe like that! Link?