PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I'm guessing most of you are familiar with Wild Bill's Tobacco. It's a chain found in nearly every Metro Detroit city that has a walk in humidor of cigars and various cigarettes/RYO tobaccos.

I'm not a fan of their house blends. They carry some cobs and Dr. Gabrow pipes, some pipe cleaners (which I pick up in a pinch), and a small selection of tins (usually Ashton - and all English blends by me).

One shop (I believe straddling Macomb and Oakland counties) is opening a cigar bar. If so, the other locations are likely to follow suit. So I pose the following:

1. Has anyone found something pipe related they enjoyed there?

2. Any other locations offer the cigar bar (and if so, how large is it for a potential gathering)?
There are a number by me but the closest one only had RYOs sold as pipe tobacco a sizable amount of glass pipes. That’s as close as they got.

Reactions: The Amish Tyrant
Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Is anyone thinking of dropping by the store tomorrow?
I would, but have Daddy Daycare and towing a 4 year old along is a bad look.

Shame, because it's a great deal, their Cayuga pipes are very reasonably priced (I think mine was around $50), my Cayuga smoked amazing out of the gate, and would be interested in another if the shape spoke to me.

I didn't post the article earlier (and someone beat me to it elsewhere), but stumbled across this when it was released.

If interested in a Cayuga or to try one of their many house blends (Arrowhead is my favorite aromatic), now is the time gents.

Warlee

Might Stick Around
Apr 13, 2022
Michigan
I went to Nolan’s in Traverse City a few days ago while we were on a little vacation. Had a cigar and drink in their bar. Friendly and helpful staff. Just an all around enjoyable and relaxing experience. They have a decent little selection of pipe tobacco and pipes as well. They had a Mark Tinsky billiard that I had a hard time not taking home with me.

bangzoom

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 25, 2023
North of the Equator
I went to Nolan’s in Traverse City a few days ago while we were on a little vacation. Had a cigar and drink in their bar. Friendly and helpful staff. Just an all around enjoyable and relaxing experience. They have a decent little selection of pipe tobacco and pipes as well. They had a Mark Tinsky billiard that I had a hard time not taking home with me.
Glad to hear Nolan's still sells pipe tobacco...B&M pipe shops are few and far between...

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I made olive burgers. Born in Flint and raised in Lansing, olive burgers are not commonly found outside of mid-Michigan.

My favorite burgers in Lansing were at Crunchy's and Dagwoods (when I wasn't making the burger of the day at the now defunct Tavern on the Square). In Metro Detroit, I like Mr. B's and Teleway.

What's your favorite burger joint in Michigan?

20240325_203748.jpg