clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
I managed to snag a few.
IMG_1667.jpg

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
Anyone know for sure if Orient 996 has Syrian in it? I have seen some product descriptions that say Cyprian and some Syrian.

Jun 27, 2016
SmokingPipes website just re-stocked with everything McClellands Syrian, get it while you can! They do have a lot, and perhaps they will do a sale for IPSD later this month, but I just went ahead and bought 10 cans of Syrian Star to fill out my stock to be done with it.
hiplainsdrifter

Anyone know for sure if Orient 996 has Syrian in it? I have seen some product descriptions that say Cyprian and some Syrian.

Pretty sure 996 is Syrian-only in the Latakia department, and not a whole lot of it. The label on the tin states Syrian and makes no mention of Cyprian. Oddly enough, there is more than one retail site that lists it as having Cyprian in it, while making no mention of the Syrian content. In any case, I sense the Latakia more in the room note as compared to the flavor. It's a fine smoke, but VA forwards, so I would go with Syrian Star or 3 Oaks Syrian if you want a blast of Syrian flavor.

:puffy:

hiplainsdrifter

Jan 8, 2012
Sounds like there is a fair amount still remaining as SP.com just got a bunch. Till us hoarders hit em anyway.

pipehunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2016
Did I just fall for another sky-is-falling news announcement?
Scooped up some Syrian-rich blends, even though I probably have a dozen pounds cellared, which is almost a lifetime supply for me...and now SP has everything in stock again. :D

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
Well if they just ran out of Syrian blending stock then there should be a little still in the pipeline yet that hasn't gotten to stores.

pipehunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2016
Yeah, I was really just joking. Because these (probably quite legitimate) end-of-the-line announcements have been coming out with such regularity. And spiking my TAD.
Syrian, the FDA grandfather/deeming thing, some of my favorite small blenders announcing they are closing up shop, Dunhill, etc....

Jun 27, 2016
Syrian Star out of stock at SP.com already. They had about 90 left this morning when I bought some. Samovar probably next with 16 tins to go. 494 tins of 3OS left. 419 Wilderness. 130 Highlander. 64 Ringlow Reserve. 61 Celebrated Sovereign. There are a few more McC blends with Syrian in them, but they are all fairly low-rated so not going to bother looking them up. P&C has some stuff in too, but can't see the inventory, and they didn't get in (or put up) everything that SP got in today. How many more shipments will there be? One? None? Twelve? Even if it is BS, it sure is fun to watch the panic! :puffy:

rx2man

May 25, 2012
OK so i did a google search, searched SP and nothing how do I check stock?? I picked up 10 last night.

Jun 27, 2016
Simple rx2man, just add 1000 to your cart at SP. Unless they have more than that, it will basically say "we only have XXX left in stock...", and Roberts your fathers brother. This does not work at P&C.
Also meant to include Orient 996 in my list up there, which is currently at 248. Samovar is now gone from current inventory.
:puffy:

josephcross

Dec 30, 2015
I hope there is a few left when payday rolls around. I cant justify the 60$cad price tag at my B&M!

Jun 27, 2016
Just curious as to what you guys are seeing in terms of tin dates on what you are getting. I just got a little Syrian Star in, which contains one can from the Monday re-stock at SP, and the remains of the last time they went out of stock about a week and a half ago. All cans are from '16. I'm having fun trying to guess if there will be another shipment of anything coming in, and what it might be. I suspect that there may be some more of certain things after this most recent re-stock, but it would be interesting to see what you guys are seeing date-wise on your blends if you ordered from SP on or after Monday. (I only got some Syrian Star this go-around, so can't do much guess-work with that.) :puffy:

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I was never all that drawn to Syrian Latakia. Nonetheless, I have 2 tins of the 3 Oaks Syrian and 1 of Wilderness in the cellar. Should hold me over. I do, and have for a while, liked the sound of the Orient 996 blend. I would like to add 1 or 2 tins to the cellar, but just cannot justify any more tobacco purchases.

Jun 27, 2016
Interesting, Zito. Was that from SPs Monday re-stock?
northernneil, you should be good on the 996 if you get it within a couple of weeks. I'm guessing that they might sell out of their Highlander next, but I think everything now at SP will be around for at least the next 10 to 14 days, even if they don't get anything more in.
I'm thinking that at least a few blends should still be coming out of McClellands though, if the stuff that we are getting now from SP is still stamped '16. I have no idea if McC tins them and send them right out, or if they need to sit for a while, so tough for me to guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.