PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

John C.

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 7, 2020
Rhode Island
Fyi. I just received an email from Smoking Pipes. VIP Exclusive, for a some McClelland blends they found in the warehouse.

Reactions: JOHN72

elasmo

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2019
The only one I really wanted was 40th Anniversary, but that was gone pretty fast.

americaman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Normal retail pricing?
A tad higher than the secondary market. Where as I saw Anniversary sell very recently on two different occasions for $85, they were asking $100. Where as Pipestud sells Christmas Cheer for $70-$85, they were selling it for $100. Etc. However, their aromatics were all $30, which is what I see on the secondary market. Would have been super cool if they did throwback pricing.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
A tad higher than the secondary market. Where as I saw Anniversary sell very recently on two different occasions for $85, they were asking $100. Where as Pipestud sells Christmas Cheer for $70-$85, they were selling it for $100. Etc. However, their aromatics were all $30, which is what I see on the secondary market. Would have been super cool if they did throwback pricing.
Thanks for the info. It would have been tres cool if they had done retail like Iwan Reis did at the Chicago Show after McClelland's closing.

Til the next warehouse discovery...

americaman

May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks for the info. It would have been tres cool if they had done retail like Iwan Reis did at the Chicago Show after McClelland's closing.

Til the next warehouse discovery...
That’s super cool they did that. I didn’t know about that, but I will say that I’ve had good experiences with Iwan Ries.

I should have taken a screenshot to show the prices, because I was on my phone when the notification banner popped up, and I’m pretty sure I saw everything before anything had sold. Although you are well stocked and likely don’t plan on buying any if they do it again, I’ll list the prices for others:

Frog Morton 50g: $50
Frog Morton 100g: $100
FMOTB 100g: $100
FMOTT 50g: $50
FMOTT 100g: $100
FMC 50g: $60
FMC 100g: $120 (I think)
Grand Orientals (Any): $50
Christmas Cheers from early 2000s to 2017: $100 regardless of year
Any aromatic (including Holiday Spirit): $30

timelord

Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
By the time I followed up the email they were all gone but it was for academic interest only as SPC won't ship tobacco to my bit of the globe :sher:

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
My gut tells me there will be further cool finds in the future from Sp and other retailers.
When they found the 2013 Capstan Gold Ready Rubbed, they didn't jack the prices very much at all. I took advantage of that find buying over 20 tins.
I am kind of disappointed in SP with the Mc pricing. I would have not gone that high if I were SP. You can get a lot of good will when you price it lower as people will buy other things as they want to just get a piece of the Mc. But hey what do I know after owning 2 businesses for 24 years or so.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
That’s super cool they did that. I didn’t know about that, but I will say that I’ve had good experiences with Iwan Ries.

I should have taken a screenshot to show the prices, because I was on my phone when the notification banner popped up, and I’m pretty sure I saw everything before anything had sold. Although you are well stocked and likely don’t plan on buying any if they do it again, I’ll list the prices for others:

Frog Morton 50g: $50
Frog Morton 100g: $100
FMOTB 100g: $100
FMOTT 50g: $50
FMOTT 100g: $100
FMC 50g: $60
FMC 100g: $120 (I think)
Grand Orientals (Any): $50
Christmas Cheers from early 2000s to 2017: $100 regardless of year
Any aromatic (including Holiday Spirit): $30
Iwan Ries does something that is pretty cool. If you set up a notification for something you want that's not in stock, they will actually hold that tobacco for you for several days when it does show up. It may be some time before your position in the queue get you to the front, but when it happens it means something.

Status
Not open for further replies.