PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

menckenite

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
I have a couple of lighters. Both have flames that come out at an angle and I like that because I feel I have better control over the flame. The key here is how it makes me feel.
Is there a special lighter that's best for pipe smokers in general? No.

Is there a special lighter that's best for a specific pipe smoker? Yes. Whatever he or she finds works best.
I like wooden matches but just don't find they are best for my needs. I've never tried paper matches because everything I've ever read said "don't do it".

bowhatchie

Sep 27, 2010
Use all.... Matches... XIkar pipe butane, zippo with pipe insert and a bic on occasion,
Much like others... wooden matches mostly at home... lighters when on the road or outside....

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Since my pipe smoking is relegated to the outdoors I usually use a pipe lighter, a vector with a flame angled for pipe smoking. From time to time I will switch to matches, usually if I'm out of fluid or if it's not too windy of a day.

dawk

Might Stick Around
Aug 25, 2010
I do prefer the match but will use what is handy-torch-lighter-camp fire-even the neighbors dragon on occasion!

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Since I find myself smoking on the go (read: behind the wheel) alot, I've taken to using a Bic 95% of the time - the other 5% of the time, I'll use wooden matches, although I've been pondering buying a Zippo pipe light of late, namely because I seem to be burning through a Bic every 4 days.
Have a couple of samples of "Bee-line", but yeah, pretty sure they were not originally designed for tobacco (the cartoon stoner bees on the pack give it away) - and having to light the wick seems to make the product sort of...redundant...to me, so I haven't tried them yet. Maybe I'll take 'em camping, light them off of the fire.

seakayak

Sep 21, 2010
I use one of two pipe lighters, a Xikar old boy for every day smoking and an Im Corona for formal occasions. For me, the lighter is as much a part of pipe smoking pleasure as the pipe itself.

teamhavoc28

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2010
I use a zippo and usually have a bic in case the fluid runs out. I smoke outdoors so matches do not find much use.

scott306

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2011
I prefer matches.Just has a classic feel for me. But anything with a flame works well too. When I want to puff, I want to puff and at that point a flame is a flame. lol

Happy smoking! :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.