Matches? Matches? We Need More Stinkin’ Matches!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

18 Fresh Rossi Pipes
3 Fresh Askwith Pipes
18 Fresh Estate Pipes
6 Fresh Savinelli Autograph Pipes
New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

coldsnap888

Lurker
Mar 19, 2023
I love collecting matches from the cigar places I visit and the Wild Bills / Drew Estate ones. I don't really use matches but have friends who like to have them so it's a win-win. One of these days I will attempt to light my pipe with them.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Back in college, I took graduate level history class, military history. Flunked the class, but the professor was fascinating. It was before most men had Bible beard. His wasn't the size of the Oxford Dictionary, but close. I took the class mainly for the Vietnam war, second Indochina war. Anyway, one of the class was something about some war I can't remember. Then he started talking about his last birthday. Bottom line was, all his friends got drunk and started flicking matches against striker on the box. They ended up with few burnt spots on the carpet. And I think the story clearly indicates what the matches are good for. Few burnt spots on a carpet. To do the proper job, Zoolander gas station Zippo scene is needed.

• Haha
Reactions: JOHN72 and brian64

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Back in college, I took graduate level history class, military history. Flunked the class, but the professor was fascinating. It was before most men had Bible beard. His wasn't the size of the Oxford Dictionary, but close. I took the class mainly for the Vietnam war, second Indochina war. Anyway, one of the class was something about some war I can't remember. Then he started talking about his last birthday. Bottom line was, all his friends got drunk and started flicking matches against striker on the box. They ended up with few burnt spots on the carpet. And I think the story clearly indicates what the matches are good for. Few burnt spots on a carpet. To do the proper job, Zoolander gas station Zippo scene is needed.
Fascinating, but honestly, I have absolutely no idea what you said.

lukifer

Might Stick Around
Dec 10, 2022
Minnesota, US
It is a shame that we can't have matches that you just but at the store and they work like in days before lawyers dominated America.
I buy 8 packs of 32 count strike on box matches for a couple dollars at my local grocery store and Walmart. They work great. You will probably find them by the grilling or Kitchen kit, maybe in the "random crap" aisle of your grocery store.

I've never used a strike anywhere match but even if I had some, I'd probably still strike them on the box for simplicity's sake.